New User

loisvcamp

Sep 9, 2011
Hi. I am Loisvcamp, and I am new to this forum. I have a Vizio tablet. I would like to subscribe to the VIZIO forum, but I can't find a way to do it. Not off to a great start. Can you help. It says to browse to the forum and use the Android Menu and Favorite, but there is no Favorite on my Android menu or on the ribbon menu at the bottom of the screen. Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi lois, congratulations on your new Vizio tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the forum you're speaking of, but the folks with Visio tablets will probably be able to help you out. I'm going to move your thread to the Vizio Tablets section for you, so they can join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I'd suggest to get tapatalk forum app (sorry its a payed app, but its worth its money) to view this forum, it is way easier on the tablet than using the website and there you wont have problems to subscribe.

----------------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vTab1008

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
I am using the same app your are (I think), the Android Tablet app. The one the forum pushes on you when you view this forum in a android browser. Yes it says to subscribe to do as you state, but no such button exists on the menu.

loisvcamp

Sep 9, 2011
Yes, Conspirator, I am using the Android Tablet app that is recommended by the website. Can't find that Favorite button anywhere.

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
I've been baffled as well. Looked in every menu I could find. Worked ok in the version I first downloaded but an update broke it.
Ken

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

bezoar

Oct 4, 2011
When you find the forum you want to subscribe to, touch the name of the desired forum and hold your finger down until the popup menu appears and then touch "subscribe."

A lot of Android functions work this way. Copy and paste for example.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

bezoar

Oct 4, 2011
I was using the downloadable Android forums app when I wrote my initial comment. On that app, the press and hold works. I forgot that you can also access this site from a regular browser. Using the stock VTAB browser I see a green checkmark to the right of each forum listed that I can click on to subscribe. It's right below the orange RSS symbol on the forums page. Touching the check mark takes you to a "subscribe to this forum?" page.

I tried the press and hold. No pop up menu.

loisvcamp

Sep 9, 2011
I was using the downloadable app, too. I did go to the website and was able to subscribe to the forum there, but the downloadable app still doesn't know that I subscribe.