New user

laz7

Jul 16, 2012
Hi all,

I am relatively new to Android and tablets and I have a rk2918 tablet that I'm trying to root to have fun with it.
I'm also very interested in computers in general, and particularly, in Linux.

Cheers!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi laz7, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you here as a member of Android Tablets. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

laz7

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the welcome smalltowngirl13; I'm happy to be here too! ;)

Cheers.

bilber

Jul 14, 2012
Hi Bilber; that's the abbreviation of Caracas (Venezuela) :)

Oh ok, I would never have guessed that :) I've never been to south america but would like to one day. I've been to Florida but that's the furthest I've travelled.

laz7

Jul 16, 2012
Oh ok, I would never have guessed that :) I've never been to south america but would like to one day. I've been to Florida but that's the furthest I've travelled.

I see. I haven't traveled abroad too many times, though I like to travel. (I've been in France a couple of times, and hopefully I'll travel to England this year, or maybe the next :D).

Cheers.

Aadamgibson

May 16, 2012
Android phones and tablets are very popular in market nowadays; even I have an android phone. I don’t think that rooting a tablet just for fun is a good idea. Generally rooting is done when there is something wrong with software or OS. My advice is not to root your phone without any reason.

laz7

Jul 16, 2012
Hi Aadam. I know there are some risks involved. I would leave it as it comes by default, but I really want to install Linux in it and I can't do it without having rooted it. Thank you for your suggestion, anyway!