New Users Start Here: Viewsonic gTablet Tips and Tweaks

billjohnson

Oct 20, 2010
Just now finally getting around to getting a G Tablet. Gonna try out Vegan for a bit....Anyone have an ETA on when a decent 3.0 port will be around? I know the G Tablet has almost the same specs as the XOOM save the 1GB RAM and such. Hardcore Android user but new to the Tablet biz....

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am still jamming on the TnT-Harmony ROM with ADW.Launcher...not that there is anything wrong with VEGAn...just finding this a little more zippy

Feb 4, 2011
Hello everyone, new user with a new gtab. I think i will go with the harmony rom for my tab but can someone tell me "what is the most up to date version of harmony" and " where can i go to download it" also is there a step by step video for it?

Also , i read somewhere that i would lose the wifi/bluetooth capabilities if i use any of these roms...is that true?

Thank you for any input

Last edited:

JackedNY

Jan 31, 2011
How do I know I have Harmony 1.2? My about screen shows Harmony v1. I am suspicious because I was sure I installed 1.2. Thanks.

150pilot

Aug 22, 2010
I have android market but it isnt fully functioning.

This issue was fixed for me after I "repartitioned the SDCARD" in clockworkmod. I followed these instructions and did a "Fix Permissions" in CWM and now everything works as it should.

Source link to these instructions.

We don't know exactly what it is, but is related to something in the /data partition causing issues that a regular wipe doesn't fix. For most people this fix will only need to be done once for the life of your tablet.

Solution:
Warning, this will wipe your Data and internal sdcard(meaning backups are gone)
1)*Copy your backups/data from your internal sdcard to your computer
2)*Install clockwork
3)*Boot into clockwork by holding volume+ and power until you see the black text pop up
4)*Go to the advanced menu
5)*Select Partition SDCARD
6)*Select 2048 for first option presented
7)*Select 0 for second option presented
8)*Apply the settings and wait for it to be finished
9)*Go back to main menu and do a factory reset to be safe

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
OK, used this forum, got my viewpad 10, installed CW, and tried g-Harmony, then VegaN.

This Thing REALLY ROCKS. It is now BLAZING fast with either ROM.
Kicks my buddies Ipad to the wall!!!

I do have a question tho, and I can't find a real answer. Is there any way to support Multiple users?
I don't mean really sensitive files, I'll leave them on the laptop for now, but I want to use this think for work, and also let the wife and kids use it. It is too cool But to have my bookmarks and passwords etc, and set up for work separate from theirs?
doesn't really have to be so secure like the desktop Linux box, but just some basics in a profile...

Mike

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
PFD - yes and no. There actually is a profiles app for android that allows you to create multiple accounts for a tablet to segregate links, email, etc. The only tablets that I have seen it on were the Galaxy and the Huawei, but i have not seen it as a standalone. Might start you down the right path though...

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
PFD - yes and no. There actually is a profiles app for android that allows you to create multiple accounts for a tablet to segregate links, email, etc. The only tablets that I have seen it on were the Galaxy and the Huawei, but i have not seen it as a standalone. Might start you down the right path though...
Thanks pbrauer..
I did notice that the G-Harmony ROM (I'm reflashing now) actually has the same as the original viewpad rom some sort of profile set ups, I am not sure what it does, I'll experiment and see what it'll do..

But this thing ROCKS!

golfblyad

Mar 5, 2011
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the VeGan 5.1.1 and the VeGan Gingerbread. Also, which one in their opinion is better. Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
5.1 is Froyo based and Ginger is Gingerbread. Both are great, it is a matter of opinion which is better.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

shah

Mar 20, 2011
I am considering buying a gtablet, and from what I have been reading, the stock OS sucks on it, but custom ROMs make it work great. I was wondering though if the custom ROMs like TnT or any other ones would make use of both of the processor cores, or one of them will be wasted??

Any help will be appreciated.