New Version of Jelly Bean ROM (Inverted Gapps)

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
People Hope you all like it,put a bit of a personal touch on it;)
Stock jelly bean rom With all Lenovo's bloatware removed ( 4.1.1 )
Build prop tweaks galore
* BUILT IN INIT.D SUPPORT
Super fast and stable
2 version
Flashes Slimz Beanz
&
Flashes Slimz Phablet
download either one and also pick the gapps of your choice
Removed All Lenovo's junk
New custom kernel credits to Vampirefo, included in Phablet 6 & slimz beanz 11

######## INSTALLATION READ PLEASE ##########
Install either Flashes Slimz Beans or Flashes Phablet and boot system and go through the initial set up, WiFi and email, then boot into recovery and flash gapps.
No more flashing zip,init as init.d support is built in,
Factory reset and clear dalvik is required on update Slimz Beanz 8 and Phablet 3
#### ROM will not be fully functional without the gapps now #####

*******No need to flash the extra inverted talk zip, if you follow my instructions****
No need to flash zip.init zip as again init.d support is baked in now
Please again
Flash either ROM and after it flashes just start the tablet and let it boot, start the initial set up, email and WiFi.
Then reboot into recovery and flash either gapps package
:D:D:D:D:D

########### IF YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING SLIMZ BEANZ 9 & PHABLET 4 ROMS YOU MAY DO A DIRTY FLASH TO MY NEXT UPDATE BUT YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH THE GAPPS AGAIN ##############

PLEASE ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR EXISTING ROM, AS I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR TABLET BRICKS, STARTS TO SMOKE, IGNITES,GROWS LEGS OR TURNS IT'S SELF IT TO A FRIGGEN IPAD:D:

Please let me know if you require any other themes, not going to make any promises but if you don't ask, well

[
Currents Inverted
$Screenshot_2013-01-05-19-12-50.png

G Reader Inverted
$Screenshot_2013-01-05-19-14-07.png

Google Now Inverted
$Screenshot_2013-01-05-19-15-10.png

Desktop Clock 4.2 JB
$Screenshot_2013-01-05-19-29-39.png
Gmail
$Screenshot_2013-01-05-19-12-09.png

Instructions:
Delete cache and factory reset (required)
Delete Dalvik
Flash ROM
ENJOY:D:D
Update:New Version Online March /3/ 13

Flash Either Inverted Gapps (which are black backgrounds, as pictured above)
Or the standard gapps, you have a choice.
Gapps are now required
Also added noozxiode sound enhancer along with awesome beats
Holo Launcher & 4..2 Launcher
#######Google Talk is now inverted as long as you follow installation instruction#########

NEW CUSTOM KERNEL INCLUDED IN SLIMZ 11 & PHABLET 6
THANKS AND CREDIT GOES TO VAMPIREFO
INCREASED SPEEDS
MULTI TOUCH WORKING PROPERLY
NEW GOVERNORS AND SCHEDULERS:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:

For those who are having issues with the custom kernel, clear cache and dalvik and flash the stock kernel in recoveryhttp://d-h.st/FkZ

#########FLASHES SLIMZ BEANZ 11(updated March3)########

DOWNLOAD;http://d-h.st/0EK

###### FLASHES SLIMZ PHABLET 6 (UPDATE March 3)##########

DOWNLOAD:http://d-h.st/KrA

( If you want dual panel apk's on my phablet ROM Xposed Settings Are included In the Rom ) Instructions on how to get dual panel settings menu can be found here:http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54981

Pictures of Flashes Slimz Phablet;New Version of Jelly Bean ROM (Inverted Gapps) - Page 12

FLASH PLAYER DOWNLOAD; http://d-h.st/c2h

LIVE WALLPAPER FLASHABLE.ZIP; http://d-h.st/wnF ,just flash in recovery

CHANGE LOG; March / 3 /13
#### THE BIGGEST UPDATE IS VAMPIREFO'S CUSTOM KERNEL IS INCLUDED
THANX AND CREDIT VAMPIREFO FOR A SUPER FAST TABLET, JUST AWESOME
Multi touch is working properly
Xposed Installer and Settings Included
Holo HD Launcher & 4.2 Launcher ( nova Launcher Included in Gapps package)
Built in init.d support with scripts pre-installed
Fixed issue with having 2 calendars
Playstation certificates
Removed some useless apps again;):eek:
Removed some non-needed libs
Removed some useless XML files in etc folder
Lots of build prop tweaks;
Video & picture tweaks
Battery saving tweaks
Wireless tweaks
Blacked out Google play music
Removed some fonts
New boot animation
NOW OUR TABLET IS STARTING TO REACH IT'S TRUE CAPABILITIES

OLDER ROM;

Flashes Slimz Bean JB 5

Download base rom Update Feb 10/13:Dev-Update - Flashes Slimz Beanz 5.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

4.2 JB Launcher apk; Dev-Host - Android-4.2-Launcher.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Just download and install like any other app

Changelog;
Took out face unlock
Removed languages ( only English left)
Removed boot sound
Nova launcher only
Removed live wallpapers
minor tweaks
Removed es file manager use rom toolbox instead

####### GAPPS; ########
Inverted Gapps Updated March 3 ( Contacts inverted is fixed , no need to flash the extra zip on March 3 rd updates)

Inverted Gapps with No launcher http://d-h.st/XCU ]For those who Want Nova Prime)

New Gmail 4.2 inverted
New Playstore inverted
New Google reader
New inverted talk (if you followed my installation notes)
Contacts apk is now fixed ( March 3) no need to flash the extra contacts zip

Inverted Gapps With Nova Launcher:http://d-h.st/FLr

New Inverted apk's: Uninstall your existing Facebook, instagram, twitter or skyoe app and install these blacked out apk's like any app
Twitter;Dev-Host - Twitter.http://d-h.st/6x3apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Facebook;Dev-Host - Facebook.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Skype;Dev-Host - Skype.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Instagram;Dev-Host - Instagram.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

If google now fc's download this and just install like any other apk:Dev-Host - QuickSearchBox.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Inverted gapps should give you longer battery life in theory, less pixels used

Standard Gapps with No Launcher (Updated Feb 26); http://d-h.st/Pov (For those who wish to use Nova Prime)

Standard Gapps with Nova Launcher:http://d-h.st/IQn

4.2 camera and gallery; Dev-Host - 4.2Camera_t04.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Photosphere fc's , we have no gyroscope sensor
Flash in recovery

Sent on my newly rooted Tegra 3 idea Tab:) :)

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Great glad to see the new rom, thank you. What are inverted gapps?

They're black background with white letters, much easier on your eyes and screen, uploading ROM now:)

READY FOR DOWNLOADING AND FLASHING

Desktop with Nova Launcher

$Screenshot_2013-01-05-19-11-56.png

Inverted Gapps
u3ehyzam.jpg

Standard Gapps
y9a6uran.jpg

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
This is a nice rom, but what apps can I still remove with the rom toolbox.

Thanks
Almost any app can be deleted, except some system apks i. e. system.ui, which apps would you like to remove? Or do a android backup and experiment

bytcrs

Dec 30, 2012
ok thanks, by the way is there anyway to make all the blue icons white like the wifi,battery,and time.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Not at this time but in romtool box you can download different mods, I haven't tried it

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
If you already flashed recovery you should not have to reflash it again,to get into recovery just hold the volume up and power button down at the same time or use the app quickboot

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
No if you flashed the recovery image already, all you have to do is put the ROM zip somewhere on the internal sdcard, I prefer the download folder.press the volume up and the power button down at the same time and recovery should boot, if it does I prefer delete all data/factory reset then go to advance and delete dalvik, at this point go back and go the the label install from sdcard,press and you will see a list of all your folders, if you placed the ROM in downloads just select and you should see the ROM zip, select and bam it flashes it. NOW ALWAYS DO A NANDROID(backup) OF YOUR EXISTING ROM BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
O. K... So once I made my device ROOTED it would always stay ROOTED... right?

I should always have those 2 files:
1) IMG file - recovery.
2) ZIP file - ROM.

I understood that the ROM file is install from the internal memory-download folder....

Regarding the recovery: its a IMG file... It's not something that I need to install before?

I know that I need to boot into the recovery with the combination of the volume+power... But it not comes already installed...

I understand everything, that the ROM file installation proceed from the recovery... But not when do I need to install this IMG file of the recovery in this process...

Thanks so much!!!
OK you must have your boot loader unlocked and also flashed the recovery IMG, otherwise your tablet is not rooted,
if you changed this file" mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.p. " and just add bak, so it read like this( mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.p.bak) and reflashed the recovery img, then yes you're rooted for life or until you flash the stock recovery IMG and relocked your boot loader OEM lock through fast boot

1} is your boot loader unlocked?
2} did you flash recovery IMG in fast boot?
3} did you change MV recovery file?
4} did you reflash recovery after renaming MV recovery file?

If all above has been accomplished, yes you are rooted, if no applies to any of the above, then no

You do not need to run the IMG file (recovery) every time you flash a rom

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Recovery should have number 6.0.1.9d, also you should see the android Robbie the robot on the recovery screen

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,
Maybe that will be helpful...
These are the details about my version:
Android version: 4.0.4.
Kernel version: 3.1.10
Build-svr-a@build-svr-a#1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 18
Build number: MCL0103_IL
Hardware info: 0.SS16.

I think that it must been rooted already and the bootloader must be open then...
Don't you think?

You're using Mcl's old ROM, which is ICS(ice cream sandwich), you might reset your recovery back to OEM, I just bought this tablet last week and upgraded from ICS to jelly bean and then I unlocked the boot loader and rooted, there's 2 recovery files, one is for ICS and the other is for jelly bean. I would read MCL thread and see if there's any instructions to upgrade from his original ROM and his updates. Just what I thought, if you upgrade to jelly bean your recovery needs to be also reflashed after the ROM is flashed. It seems as though the jelly bean breaks recovery.
You just have to flash the updated jelly bean recovery

Last edited: