New Version of Jelly Bean ROM (Inverted Gapps)

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
@flashallthetime

Hi

How would one invert a gapp?

I mean: if one is rooted, can one edit some files to get it done?

Thanks

Yes, you can
You must recompile the apk and change the XML files color coding, it's not as easy as it sounds but if you have patience and time it can be done.
After you have finished you must recompile it, sign it and install it

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for your replay!

I think i undrestood what i need to do in order to update the ROM & Recovery in my Lenovo A2109:

B.T.W: it is the 1st time that i do it on my computer! which drivers do i have to install? (if you can, plz provid me the links to donload).

After flashing the updated ROM (copy ZIP to tablet memory, In CWM: Wipe Dalvik -> INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD).

I need to flash the updated CWM:
1. While table it OFF, connect it to the PC usb.
2. Get into "bootloader" by push the power & volume DOWN together.
3. Open in PC the CMD, type in (or copy into from the commands list):
*These commands for updating from ICS to JB*

-Type: fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img
If it worked I should see something like this:
sending 'recovery' (6326KB)... OKAY [ 1.096s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.448s]
finished. total time: 1.545s

- Type: fastboot reboot *and Immediately tap Volume UP (untile "Booting Android Recovery"
will show'd on tablet's screen)* –

Finito!

What do you say?
I wrote it correctly?
What about "Adb.exe"? i dont need to use it?

Just follow the instructions, it's all laid out for you and in my experience I am not going to spoon feed anyone, I don't have the patience. Just read, read and read some more, word if caution, if you do not understand the instruction, then maybe you shouldn't flash anything, end result is a bricked device, if you do it incorrect

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I found another way to do it an think i got it...can u please tell me if i right? (promise to leave if it not correct).

1. Extract 'platform-tools' directory from the RAR to anywhere on PC (a folder on desktop').
2. Move these files to same directory of 'platform-tools': recovery.img , fastboot.exe.
3. In the new folder, mice right click+shift and chose in: 'open command window here'.
A cmd will open and i start run FASTBOOT commands:
fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img
fastboot reboot (and immediately tap volume UP on the tablet.

You're using android SDK, might work but letools is the way everyone has done it, if you can detect fastboot then it should work, if doesn't detect fast boot then the driver is not installed, I have rooted 3 devices, I am self taught, I have not had any issue at all. My advice is only use the recommended way of installing cwm recovery or else. I use to help people all the time on xda and I just don't have the time nor the patience anymore.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
OK download letools and install
Then open a cmd window and type cd "\Program files\Lenovo\LeTools"
Then type adb reboot bootloader
The type fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img
( make sure you put the image file in the same folder as letools also put your tablet into fast boot b4 you plug it in

Then type fastboot reboot after you see the IMG file flashed OK
Immediately start tapping Volume Up until the tablet's screen says "Booting Android Recovery".

Now you should have the modded cwm, and you're ready to flash a rom

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Have you flashed recovery? Are you trying to flash the ROM.? I can not help unless you give me specific info,

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Have you flashed recovery? Are you trying to flash the ROM.? I can not help unless you give me specific info,

Just put the ROM in your download folder in your internal memory, go to recovery, wipe data and cache and dalvik, then go to install from sdcard go to the download folder and select find the ROM zip select and will ask if you want to flash it, yes

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Fast boot is only required for unlocking your boot loader and installing cwm recovery, there is no reason to use fast boot again, as long as you have fully rooted your tablet. Flashing ROMs is done through cwm recovery only, just boot into recovery and find the ROM zip and flash it

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I am confused? I have know idea at what point you're at, have you unlocked the bootloader, flashed cwm? ??? ?????

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Yes, you can
You must recompile the apk and change the XML files color coding, it's not as easy as it sounds but if you have patience and time it can be done.
After you have finished you must recompile it, sign it and install it

OK then! Thanks.

Now if I unzip, say, Gmail.apk, then, the xml files are not ascii ...

the are DBase 3 data files

e.g.

$ file AndroidManifest.xml res/color/text_color_primary_invertible.xml
AndroidManifest.xml: DBase 3 data file (31968 records)
res/color/text_color_primary_invertible.xml: DBase 3 data file (596 records)

how do change content?

Have a nice day

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
So no replies, no remarks, no request, nothing? I guess no further development is needed?

(Don't ask me for help, as I don't care if your phone or tablet explodes, eh:) :) :) :) :) )

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Hi flashallthetime,sorry for late reply, I was traveling, away from Internet a few days,

Thanks for pointing to TMA which, I guess, is a good generic tool.

What I was trying to accomplish:
I hoped it would be easy to, say, invert the stock email app text colors from dark text on light background, to light text on dark background.

Thanks

have a nice day

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Hi flashallthetime,sorry for late reply, I was traveling, away from Internet a few days,

Thanks for pointing to TMA which, I guess, is a good generic tool.

What I was trying to accomplish:
I hoped it would be easy to, say, invert the stock email app text colors from dark text on light background, to light text on dark background.

Thanks

have a nice day

If you want the light back growing with dark text, you can flash the stock gmail app or gapps, or just replace my gmail apk with another one and change the permissions, reboot , as far any further development, I am finished , no more posting links as I have removed my download link due to reasons that I wish not to say, good luck. What ever I do will be only for personal use.

(Don't ask me for help, as I don't care if your phone or tablet explodes, eh:) :) :) :) :) )

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Hi flashallthetime,

I respect your work and privacy,

Thanks for your kind response.

I won't die because stock email (and other apps) are text colors dark text on light background (even if I prefer the other way around) :D