New Vizio Update to 1.1.5?

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
Thank goodness I read this before going online today, so I could disable the update service. For those who have lost root, did you also lose adhoc network connection? It is amazing that Vizio would allow this to happen to the users who praise the VTAB the most, thus rendering it less useful.

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
So instead of fixing the SD card issue or upgrading us to ICS or even Honeycomb, Vizio wastes their time issuing a security update. Wonderful.

Totally agree. It's always annoying to me when companies do this. You think they could have added something USEFUL. A tweak, fix or optimization here or there. But NOOOOOOO. Oh well, Sony does this all the time.

rakstr

Aug 5, 2011
Hmmm, I try to do an update and get none required... Kernel date 10/13, Sftwr 1.4, Build 1.9.56

HydroCarbon

Oct 21, 2011
I'm not rooted,no update available. Kernel date 10/13, Sftwr 1.4, Build 1.9.56

Updated today, [12/04/2011] it took a couple of days to hit me.

Kernel date Tue Nov 22
Sftwr 1.4
Build 1.9.57

Last edited:

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
These updates might roll out in waves from Vizio (or Google?) . That has been my experience with another tablet I own. If so, it could be several days before everyone receives it.

Last edited:

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Was just going through Appmonster, and it appears that the update modified three apps. Hulu+, FlashPlayer, and Nook all were upgraded by the new software.

Fyi.

X

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
As if we cared about Nook etc
They did not improve remote app nor did they fix SD issue (although at this point I don't believe they can possibly fix it - ever)

I was online but somehow did not receive an update.

Did anyone try to root again after this update?

Froze update service with Titanium for now.

Jtpboy

Sep 19, 2011
I received the update notice but did not perform the update.

I booted just to make sure it did not update and all was good. I ran the check for update and none was found.

Still rooted.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
As if we cared about Nook etc
They did not improve remote app nor did they fix SD issue (although at this point I don't believe they can possibly fix it - ever)

I was online but somehow did not receive an update.

Did anyone try to root again after this update?

Froze update service with Titanium for now.

The root exploit fails. Please see Post #108 in this thread over at xda
Rooting the Vizio VTAB1008 - Page 11 - xda-developers

bill2

Nov 17, 2011
I have 60 days to return the vtab. I'm gonna return it if Vizio doesn't issue an update which fixes the SD card problem and upgrade to Honeycomb. If Vizio doesn't feel the need to support their product then I don't feel the need to give them my money.

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Android Version: 2.3.2 GRH78C
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7+ (blah blah blah... Tue Nov 22)
Software Version: V.I.A. Plus 1.4
Uboot Version: 1.1.18
Build Number: 1.9.57

Ok - Being new to VTAB and Android - How does the VTAB get the updtae?
My Kernel Version is DATED Thursday October 13
My build Number is 1.9.56

So - 1. Has mine been Updated? - My guess is NO
2. How does it get updated??

Thanks
Bill

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Just to add to the "mystery" I went to Settings/About Device/Vizio Update Service - Says "Your Vizio tablet is up to date. No update is necessary." Just adds to MY confusion.
Bill

sigel

Oct 28, 2011
Dear Bill2,
Enough *****ing and complaining already.. just return it, I saw the 'warning thread' you posted for new tablet owners..smh...