New WonderMedia WM8650 Android Tablet PC

generic3

Mar 25, 2011
Probably you push it too long.
A tik to the button send it to sleep
3 seconds it come and ask what to do (airplan mode, hibernate, shut off)
8 sec Hard stop (not recommended)

Also to turn on the same:
IF it is in sleep mode a tik and wakes up
4 seconds to normal boot (than it was turned off)
8 seconds to HARD reset (back to factory settings)

READ the manual!

To my problem any suggestions?

Gegsite

I did read the manual, it took no time at all considering it was maybe 4 pages long!!

gegsite

Apr 2, 2011
Anybody can make a screenshot or a list who HAS flash in browser from the com.wmt. programs in task manager - wondermedia section?

Looks like I did uninstalled a wmt program and I dont have now flash in browser.

This is mine:

$ZamNd.jpg

Gegsite

Last edited:

jsrmem

Apr 3, 2011
I've had my 8650 for a bout a week and like it so far. I rooted it but could not get setcpu to work. I installed amazon's app market and find it to be a great app market. My only problem is my own fault. While trying to enable Ad-hoc networking I deleted my wifi file. Can anyone post a screenshot or tell me the code to rebuild my wifi file? This thing is pretty useless without wifi. Any custom roms anywhere that work with this tab?

gegsite

Apr 2, 2011
Hey

I did copy the /etc folder from my wm8650.

wm8650-etc.zip

Please If you have flash in browser make a screenshot from the programs in task manager - wondermedia section.

jjborcean

Apr 10, 2011
I just received my tablet (a rebranded version called Eken M009s) from the site ************ in the mail this week and I want to confirm that it indeed does have Adobe Flash 10.1, however it is an evaluation copy so it will periodically pop up a message saying Evaluation Copy click okay. The performance when viewing flash animations is not that great but it does get the job done. The battery life is on the lower end of the spectrum lasting between 2-3 hours on a full charge with the screen dimmed. Overall the tablet is good for mild web browsing, social media, YouTube, email. But it is not well suited to playing Android games. Also the tablet does not have Google Apps (Gmail, Market, Voice, ect..) so I recommend installing Applanet as it has a wider selection of Apps than the preloaded app store. I paid $90 USD for my tablet (free shipping) and I believe that it is worth the money for an introductory android tablet I could see it going very well for children and teenagers.

j_vizzle

Apr 14, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a way to flash different versions of Android or if other ROMS are flashable on this device? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have flashed tons of cell phones, but there is usually allot more information on those than on this tablet. Thanks again!

ministeve2003

Jan 23, 2011
I've had my 8650 for a bout a week and like it so far. I rooted it but could not get setcpu to work. I installed amazon's app market and find it to be a great app market. My only problem is my own fault. While trying to enable Ad-hoc networking I deleted my wifi file. Can anyone post a screenshot or tell me the code to rebuild my wifi file? This thing is pretty useless without wifi. Any custom roms anywhere that work with this tab?

how did you root it? mine seems slower than dog poop... having a hard time converting any movies over to play on it... one or two files play just fine, but then others encoded the exact same are too much for it..

good thing I really just wanted it for an ebook reader, it does that really good...

redindian

Apr 15, 2011
I want to confirm that it indeed does have Adobe Flash 10.1, however it is an evaluation copy so it will periodically pop up a message saying Evaluation Copy click okay.

I found out that the Evalution version was installed on mine also. But I cannot seem to play any Flash demo's from Adobe. What did you try?

Tried installing a newer version over it, but it just fails.

[Update]

Tried rooting, but both UniversalAndroot.apk and z4root.1.3.0.apk, but didn't work.
Tried installing 3 different versions of Flash, still no joy.
See below for Flash Evaluation version it came with.

flash-10.1-eval.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

tosic

Apr 15, 2011
hello.
I will buy this tablet.
I have questions from over this tablet, he is supported usb gps ?
If yes, where i can read info, how connect to GPS and how select os version.
thanks, good day.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
I purchased mine on ebay for 80 USD. So far I have to say im pretty impressed with it though I have a few things that i thought odd: I ran Android System Info app and it detects the CPU as an ARM-9 @ 357mhz (yes yes I know the CPU is alledgedly a member of the ARM-11 family, but its only showing 357 mhz, and yes I know it could be a dual-core with each core being 400 mhz, but most apps dont know how to use the other core so I am noticing that most apps cant run at full potential) Wish there was a fix for that but alas ive yet to find it. Android Market gives me (and apparently everyone) crqap for not having an android phone associated with their google account so you cant use the android market with it...no big deal though. it came with the chinese android market...not much help there....

I have put on the AppPlanet market (awesome) and the SlideME Market (Slow, but it works, and about to instal amazon market) and ive managed to get some decent games to run smoothly (Labyrinth Lite, Angry Birds, Toss it (NOT Paper Toss though theyre the same game), etc etc. The stock web browser is minimal at best. I installed skyfire, Opera Mini, Dolphin, and Dolphin HD. Dolphin is the best ive tried so far and its nice and fast. (about to try firefox) Ive got two great ebook readers (REPLACE THE STOCk ireader app WITH THE NEWEST VERSION ASAP!) I use the new ireader for half the ebook formats, and the FBreaderJ app for the others. lots of classic books available on project guttenberg website! I managed to get my menu to show an option for live wallpaper selection, and it will even preview them, but it will NOT change the wall apper to them, and the regular wall papers always revert and cycle wallpaper pictures with no option to change that setting that I can find as yet...good thing the stock pictures are nice! the camera doesnt appear compatible with any barcode scanner app ive tried yet, and it doesnt seem to want to display animated gif images...working on that too. I use the Dr. Web antivirus app and i must say I like it.

I normally hate resistive touchscreens, but after a little braking in, this touchscreen works quite well! ALl in all i thijnk the device i worth exactly what I paid for it, and after benchmarking it, its still better than even some of the topline droid phones out there so I am pretty pleased! Ill post updates as I get them!

tosic

Apr 15, 2011
Are you sure that you have the Via 8650? .
By your description it's via8505.
8505 its real 300mhz arm9, but 8650 its arm11 800mhz.

You maybe buyed
fake tablet.
8650 cost from over 90$-130$

Last edited:

hafis_f

Apr 18, 2011
hi , i wanna share my experience with wm8650. ok
1. yes there is flash player installed on this device, but.. still it cannot run flash on the web or stand alone flash apps or anything going with flash.. so my conclusion is, this device not really run flash
2. it cannot run adobe air either
3. most apps that with specification 2.2 cannot ruuuuuuuuuuuuunnn.. eghhhhhhhhhh

so what's wrong with this device.. someone please tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
i suggest you install the skyfire web browser as it will buffer all flash video so you can view it. Adobe Flash, while it technically works, is slow and buggy.
Are you sure that you have the Via 8650? .
By your description it's via8505.
8505 its real 300mhz arm9, but 8650 its arm11 800mhz.

You maybe buyed
fake tablet.
8650 cost from over 90$-130$

Im fairly sure sibnce others with the 8650 get similar readings from a system scan, run a system info scan and tell me what your read out is.

ffxx68

Apr 21, 2011
Hi all,

I have a 8505 netbook and I'm seriously thinking to "upgrade" to a 8650 tablet. A few things I haven't found yet in the reviews:

1) Battery drain. How long it runs on battery (average usage: 50% on the internet on WiFi; 50% idle/screen off)
2) Standby or Hibernation modes. Does everything works fine after after returning to work? I know WiFi *might* have issues, like needing a restart or so.
3) 3G dongle support. Which are the supported devices?

thanks

Last edited: