newb needs help please

DanDaMan

Jan 23, 2011
Just bought a China android tablet from ebay - the ad called it an apad/iped/irobot. After one day of recieving it, I got a big message in the middle saying "Demo Version has Expired". Done lots of reading and have loaded well over 7+ rooted roms but none got ride of the message. Some of the roms loaded fine into the main menu (but with the same message) while other roms would hang (brick). When I loaded a bad rom, I found putting a new rom on the sd card would force a load of the new rom and solve the problem.

I loaded bad roms cause I realy do not know what exactly I have and thus I have been guessing. However before I loaded the first replacement ROM here is what I had:

2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty kernel
1.6 firmware
"generic" model
256mb memory
WMT2.1.1_105 build

FYI - found that the 1.9_88 ROM would freeze on the android logo during load or give error message saying shutting down and that 1.7.2 and 1.7.4 would just be black. So from above is there a way for me to 100% confirm what I have? The unit is 7", has a grey plastic back, 9V charger, red light during charge and green light when powered on.

Once we confirm what I have, how do I remove the 'expired' message? Read that I can change the year back to say 2008 but the date will update when I activate wifi, and I want wifi so this will not work for me. There must be a rom that fixes this?????

Thanks

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
if you can load the app "quick system info pro" from there you can identify the cpu you have.
i guess you suspect its the os and not possibly an app. there is the logs "alogcat' that might shed more info about the message