newb needs help

jawsfx4

Feb 21, 2011
hey all! i just got an android eclair and i was hoping to use it as an ipod, but when i plug it in to my truck stereo(jvc nx7000) it knows something is plugged in to the usb port but cant communicate with it, what do i have to do to get this to work?
very sorry if this is in the wrong thread

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i don't know of any apps that will let you connect via USB to the device as a player from that unit, the way it works for iPod is as a remote controller. what I would recommend is perhaps getting a 3.5mm line out to AV/line in and connecting it that way. I believe the nx7000 (VERY NICE BTW) has inputs for that.

The other option that I think would be best is to just connect it via BT for audio streaming (also supported by the 7000) and get the audio that way

jawsfx4

Feb 21, 2011
haha thanks, its an f250 and im building a custom center console with a docking station for my droid ill post some pics of it when its done.
so for bluetooth i have to download an app right? i am new to this bt thing, and then sync it with my head unit is this correct?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have only seen your unit once, but i know it supports BT audio streaming....which there is an app for for Android, so yes, I think that is all you need.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
wow creating a custom docking station for it for your f250 thats awesome, from what i know the f250 and f150 are pretty similar so if you want to create two custom docks and send me one i promise you i would use it :) but make sure to post some pics once you have it finished.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Robbie - check out the device at the core...it is a really nice multimedia station...gps, video