Newbe with androids

JimReid

Mar 1, 2012
Hi all,

Yep, I'm new with androids. I have a LG android phone and now have purchased an Asus eEE Pad Slider and trying to learn more about them. I did root my phone but haven't found out how to or if it is necessary to root my tablet.

My background is an old programmer turned manager. Project Manager for about 20 years and a contract PM for the past 4 or 5 years. About ready to retire in the next few years (hopefully). Just took a course in Java to see how different it was but seems a lot like C# and VB which I know a little about. Started years ago on the mainframes, writing Cobol, Assembler and RPG. Later moved to dbase, clipper, C and Visual Basic when I moved to client/server and then into web development with Microsoft tools.

Now getting ready to retire and enjoy the good life (I hope). Play some golf and hopefully learn how to program my android.

Hobbies were woodworking (making furniture), golf and my grandkids (not necessairly in that order).

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jim, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on the new tablet. Nice to have you here as a member of the forum. There are quite a few ex-mainframe members of the forum, so you should feel right at home. Enjoy your new tablet, the forum and ultimately your retirement!:eek:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Paddy, welcome to you as well. Glad you decided to become a member here at Android Tablets.

JimReid

Mar 1, 2012
You have a site dedicated to the transformer but is that the same as the slider? I know they are both Asus tablets but didn't know if they were the same in other ways also. I'm having a problem finding out how to root my slider and don't know whether to use any instructions for the transformer or not.

Thanks for the welcome.

syldogg

Mar 2, 2012
Hi guys i'm a new comer to the android world, I have a motorola xoom titanium and i'm having fun this far, it's nice to be apart of the family.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You have a site dedicated to the transformer but is that the same as the slider?

The site referenced by Droid-Xer has a separate section for the Slider Asus Eee Pad Slider Forum and I'm pretty sure that rooting for the two would be different. The Asus forum here at Android Tablets Asus Tablets is also shared by Transformer and Slider owners, but you'll notice most threads will specify which tablet in the title of the thread. If you ask your question about rooting in either forum, I'm sure the folks there will be able to give you a definite answer. Hope that helps.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi guys i'm a new comer to the android world

Hi syldogg, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us as a member of Android tablets. If you ever need any help or information about that tablet of yours, just click this link to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum and you'll go right there. Have fun and enjoy the forum!

Last edited: