Newbie Help Needed - Upgrade Kyros 8127-4G to Jellybean

C

citizenoutkast

Hi, everyone. I've been looking around this site and some others for a couple of weeks now and wouldn't post this if I could find the answer. I have found some info, but not enough for me to risk bricking my tablet (ahem, my wife's tablet). So I've given up and am now humbly petitioning you for assistance.

I have a Kyros 8127 running the default OS of 2.2.3, I do believe. Amazon Kindle doesn't work right and neither do some other apps. I'm hoping wiping it out and installing Jellybean would allow me to actually run something right and have access to better apps. I rooted the tablet awhile ago, tried resetting it lately, and still nothing works right. I downloaded the file coby_mid8127-seed-0001.zip from another thread for the install of Jellybean that others have put on their tablet of the same kind, but I haven't found a step by step guide on how to do it. I downloaded ADB and Fastboot as I think I'm supposed to use those somehow, but I haven't done anything with them yet.

So, does anyone know where a guide to do this is located? Thanks for any help you can provide, and sorry if something like this is some place I haven't located yet. As I said, if I could find it myself I wouldn't ask.