Newbie help

Meta Jon

Jun 19, 2011
Just got an A500 yesterday as an early Fathers day gift and so far love it.
Got a couple of questions though
Accidently have 2 note pad things and an analog clock now on my "homepage" and cant get rid of them
when on the internet surfing sometimes it just shuts me out and takes me back to my desktop - for example it did this 4 times this morning while on comingsoon.net trying to get to the movie trailers section to watch some trailers - any idea why??

I'm really new at this and don't even own an android phone so please go easy on me

thanks in advance
Jon

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
hmm... probably i think that the 2 notepad things and clock came in as factory setting. you can remove them by long pressing on the clock then dragging it at top right corner where the trash can is, same as the other 2 notes. I think those are called widgets and you can customize your home screen by tapping the cross at the upper right corner of the screen beside the apps button.

while the browser problem may be a bug or something. try installing an adobe flash player 10.3 on the market, its free by the way, just search for it. or you could download a different browser from the market. there are loads of them. i recommend the dolphin HD browser and skyfire, they also have firefox but as many people say, its very slow and has a lot of bugs. but I use it for downloading only.

just a reminder, there are no "bugless" apps. hope I helped you out with your problem. if you have any questions, just post them here. They have a really great community here. :)

another reminder, the acer a500 has alot of bugs. we are all hoping that it would get fixed by the 3.1 update coming by the end of june. or so acer said. :D

Meta Jon

Jun 19, 2011
Perfect - that got rid of the things on the desktop
I'll take a look for the flash player as soon as my son puts it down...

thank you =)

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
The forced closure of web pages has little to do with the A500 and a lot to do with how the page was written.