newbie here>> so any hope for streaming media like netflix or hulu???

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
NetFlix is having issues with DRM controls and Android security (Or lack of) Hulu is available and other streaming apps are available. The problem with Hulu is that it is a Hacked/Kludge pull from a Phone, Not the approved version yet. I think the reason is basically the same. DRM and rights.

Data Rights Management (DRM) hate it or loath it is a cause for many streaming or even Library book use problems or unavailability.

tlspencer

Dec 30, 2010
NetFlix is having issues with DRM controls and Android security (Or lack of) Hulu is available and other streaming apps are available. The problem with Hulu is that it is a Hacked/Kludge pull from a Phone, Not the approved version yet. I think the reason is basically the same. DRM and rights.

Data Rights Management (DRM) hate it or loath it is a cause for many streaming or even Library book use problems or unavailability.

Yup. While I fully understand the unfortunate need for DRM, it bugged me to not be able to convert some of my books from my Sony eReader to move to my Cruz. And even though Sony recently went to ePub, the now apparent standard for ebooks, not even Calibre will make them so I can put them on anything else. Like I said, I understand the need for it, but it still bugs me that I have ebooks I paid for but cannot read on anything else I own. Not that huge a deal but... still.... grr...

bigpaparn

Jan 10, 2011
thanx!!..please tell me the srtreaming app that i would need. i like to think i'm pretty hand with the computer, but i'm like a frickin retard with these handheld apps..