Newbie in severe difficulties - please can some kind soul help - please xxx

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
I've messed up my 2 daughters tablets that I got them for xmas. I cant download things anymore. It just says error on both. I'm sure it's something to do with the sd card - I put larger ones in.

Has anyone got the original files that came on the Disgo 6000 type tablet sd - dumbly I have deleted some files off the originals.

Also do I need to do that froyo thing or is it not necessary?

Any help would be really really really helpful - please? xx

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
hi, lets see: the froyo update has solved a lot of problems in this kind of tablets, if you have android os 2.1 or below, you would have to update both of them,

regarding the sdcard, any new sdcard that you installed on this tablet has to be formatted with it, do if you insert the card and the taller tab says error, don't worry, just format the card and prob solved, if you can't format the card over the tablet, get formatted on any windows PC under fat format, not ntfs,

if you haved by mistake deleted some files of the os? definitely upgrade the os on both for froyo; there is a thread over here showing the procedure, believe it sounds like if it is gonna be a difficult procedure, but its very easy

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
hi, lets see: the froyo update has solved a lot of problems in this kind of tablets, if you have android os 2.1 or below, you would have to update both of them,

regarding the sdcard, any new sdcard that you installed on this tablet has to be formatted with it, do if you insert the card and the taller tab says error, don't worry, just format the card and prob solved, if you can't format the card over the tablet, get formatted on any windows PC under fat format, not ntfs,

if you haved by mistake deleted some files of the os? definitely upgrade the os on both for froyo; there is a thread over here showing the procedure, believe it sounds like if it is gonna be a difficult procedure, but its very easy

Thanks ever so much for replying - I am wondering if it's the new sd cards - I formatted them under fat 32 format on the PC - sometimes they show up OK on the tablet but sometimes it says they need formatting again and other times that there is a blank file structure.

I have chucked an original sd disk back in this afternoon and can download (whoopee) - so will have a go at the froyo thing (will it negate the warranty).

Could you suggest branded sd cards that do work with the disgo without problem? and if they work without problem, am I able to take them out of the tablet - and put them in the PC to transfer music onto - the unbranded ones I've got at the moment really do not like going from the tablet to the PC.

Thanks again for replying - feeling so so so guilty about the kids not playing with their xmas present because mummy has messed them up!!!! :eek:

Oh and should I wait before doing the froyo thing until I've put in new sd cards or doesnt it matter? Thanks.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
honestly, I have a sylvania tablet, but disgo and sylvania are the same; so if you are gonna update to froyo, then the updated for the sylvania will work for you, besides, after you do the upgrade you'll find that your tablet will show you that its a sylvania instead a disgo; regarding the cards? I use kingston, and they are fine at least for me, but I think that any known brand could work; after reading what you post, I think that you'll solved all the problem with the upgrade, however, keep looking the hwd id that you have in your tablets, and find the correspond os update, or you would brick your tablets and they wont even turn on; check and copy from the settings your machine hwd id, and look specifically for the one which correspond, be careful with it, read all the threads that are according to your upgrade,

and no, the card is only to store all the things, like photos, apks, mp3, songs, and so on

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
Right - I've got my hwer number hwer=12.2.0.5. Following the instructions (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html)

: Using 11.2.0.6 as an example - Enter this address -Code:

http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.0.6&vcode=0

Currently Returns -
Code:

12|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius

Download the update file identified the url above returns and note the location the file is save on your computer for use in Step 3.

I've come up with the file
12.2.0.5 disgo_12.2.0.5.1.4.ius -- but where do I download it from - have tried entering it into address bar - but there is nothing to download (
http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=12.2.0.5&vcode=0) -- if this is just the latest update for android 2.1.1 - then I have already updated both of my tablets -- or is this updating something else.

Thanks ever so for your help - Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
Doh - just took the 12 number out before the http and got it to download :)

Attempting next bit now - very worrying!!!!!!

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
good luck with it, and after you do the update, download puffin browser, so the girls can have flash player with the tab, and can see whatever TV channel right on the tablet,

have fun with it, and a happy new year

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
good luck with it, and after you do the update, download puffin browser, so the girls can have flash player with the tab, and can see whatever TV channel right on the tablet,

have fun with it, and a happy new year

Done 1 of the tabs - although when restarting it doesnt look any different- where can I find out what android version is on it? Saw abt your comment re puffin browser on another thread thank you. (still showing as disgo)

When I know one is OK - I will attempt the next one!!!! Big thanks to you.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
good, 1 all set, 1 to go; you can see the os in the settings, on the about device; yeah, puffin its the flash solution at the moment

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
That was one of the first things I did - about Device - doesnt mention Android on it anywhere let alone what version!!!!! (unlike the picture posted in thread). My pic below:

$Snapshot_20120101_1.jpg

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
weird, very weird; but is it working OK? if it is don't hesitate and do the upgrade on the other one also

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
Done the second one now - very unstable to begin with - keeps turning off - but getting better. Still hates those unbranded sd cards (something dodgy going on - one of the 8gb cards are now showing as 700mb!!!!!!)

Did the update on the first tablet again just to make sure!!!!! No problems at all :) Thank you so so so much for helping -- may consider removing some the unneeded apk files next - eek!!!! Thanks again and happy new year x

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes you can do that too, but be careful removing by mistake some important files on the os, check another thread that says removing apk, written by me, its on the forum; you know, this tab has potential like cfrockit mention, its a little bit challenging sure, but when they are all set they do work fine, thanks you to a happy new year

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Device