Newbie Just Born!

eboomer

Feb 15, 2011
Hi all, just got an Apad Epad 7 inch MID generic with Android 2.2 on it. I was looking around here and was wondering if there was a firmware update for this. Be gentle because I just don't know much about Android tablets. Thanks!!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Probably not because the only newer os's are 2.3 and 3.0 but those arnt even on most devices. 2.2 is pretty good, but if you were looking for a custom firmware. There might be one

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

eboomer

Feb 15, 2011
'preciate the quick response. can you lead me down the yellow brick road on where i might find one. also, how do you find the spec for the chip. i see rock and all other things. i would like to add more info on any posts that i put up.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
That's all something you have to do but the chip should be stated where you bought it.

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

eboomer

Feb 15, 2011
can't really find what the chip is. i also saw on youtube a short film on how to get a smoother motion on the apad redoing the firmware(?). i didn't understand that, can someone explain how that would work and the benefits involved. as with anything new, i'm evolving with this. thanks!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
if you are happy with the way your tablet is working i would just leave it, although it is fun to root and hack your device but if you dont know exactly what device you have you can really mess it up. And if there is a custom firmware for your device it will probably be here somewhere