Newbie needing help with the PDN Black

wifemom

Jan 2, 2011
I would like to hack my novel. But when I did I could no longer read my books. I have since put it back the way it was. Here are my questions:

Is there a hack that still allows me to use the ereader or do I need to install a new ereader?

If I have to install one what do I need to do to install the nook for android? I tried but it said that my andriod was 1.5 and needed to be at least a 1.6. How do I fix this?

What/where are the recommended hacks?

I already have books so I do not want to install the kindle reader because I wouldn't be able to read my current books.

TIA for everyone's help.

WiredAnim

Dec 22, 2010
If you want to have pure android you should get Aldiko Book Reader. It works quite well. Here is a link to download it along with some other apps. HERE. It would be nice if there was a 1.6 for the Black PDN but there doesn't seem like that much development is going on for this model. The 9 inch one gets all the attention lol.

There is one rom that I think would work for your hardware and that would be Alpha by tipstir, be sure to grab the volume hack the gray bar at the bottom is gone in this rom. I hope this helps.

wifemom

Jan 2, 2011
Thank you so much for the reply. I will look into your suggestions. I really appreciate the help.

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
I thought that the Open Android firmware download from Pandigital website brings it to version 2.0 or 2.1? It voids your warranty but who cares about that. My 9" version only has 2.0 on it. If you can get a newer OS on it, then nook, kindle and aldiko are the best readers to put on it.