Newbie Questions

alb

Apr 22, 2011
1. supposedly an update is out for 4349, is that supposed to be auotmatic or do i have to manually do it? nothing happened so far beyond an update to 3558. should I update if I plan on rooting soon?
2. added a 32gb sd but when connected to my pc via USB it does not show
3. went so far as to download CW mod into PC and when i went to unzip to root on internal storage it wanted to merge to the "recovery" folder already there. no mention of this in the how to's but i didnt want to mess up my current set up so i stopped
4. tried to load Tunei radio app via amazon app store and it wont download gets stuck at "download in progress" and then says there was an error while downloading ???? oops update it just loaded but wont play any stations just says "opening....."
5. set up yahoo mail and it worked up until the 18th now it wont load mail and says wrong user name, deleted account and re set up and it wont accept username and password as valid. works fine on web browser access tho

thanks for any help

Thanks for

alb

Apr 22, 2011
and additionally WTF is up with the "security certificate" crap warning that pops up at every single stinkin web site i go to
\

tcrews

Oct 19, 2010
1. supposedly an update is out for 4349, is that supposed to be auotmatic or do i have to manually do it? nothing happened so far beyond an update to 3558. should I update if I plan on rooting soon?

It is easier to install most other roms if you are not upgraded to 4349. Also of note, Viewsonic has pulled that update so you wont get it automatically and would need to get it by other means. I'd not worry about it if you plan to try other roms.
2. added a 32gb sd but when connected to my pc via USB it does not show
It wont. USB mounting will show internal storage. Remove external card and insert in computer to use/view it there.
3. went so far as to download CW mod into PC and when i went to unzip to root on internal storage it wanted to merge to the "recovery" folder already there. no mention of this in the how to's but i didnt want to mess up my current set up so i stopped
CW replaces the current recovery. Unzip on your PC and copy to the root of /sdcard.
4. tried to load Tunei radio app via amazon app store and it wont download gets stuck at "download in progress" and then says there was an error while downloading ???? oops update it just loaded but wont play any stations just says "opening....."
Works fine on VEGAn 5.1.1 froyo and CM7 gingerbread.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...CM7 style...

alb

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks Tcrews,
What do you reccomend for ROM? I am looking for stability and compatibility

I am assuming I can go back to stock at any time via the downloads available? Just got my tab and still have warranty so dont want to mess that up

tcrews

Oct 19, 2010
I liked VEGAn 5.1.1 for a Froyo based ROM.

I'm currently running CM7.02 which is a Gingerbread based ROM.
CM7.02 includes Pershoot's overclocked kernel so inside CyanogenMod Settings you can set Min/Max speeds up to 1.4 ghz.

GatorRPh

Apr 23, 2011
Check to make sure you have the date and time set correctly, the wrong setting has caused me to get security certificate errors on both windows and android systems. Web sites think your certificates have expired. Once you have clockwork mod installed the first thing you shoud do is to issue the backup command, you can then restore your system back to the stock software if needed. Backup after loading a new ROM and all your favorite apps are installed as well to make it easier to go back to if you change your mind after trying a new one. That way you won't have to apply the market fixes and app downloads again.