Newbie questions

Phototaker

Sep 2, 2012
Hi. I'm a newbie when it comes to tablets as I purchased mine here in Oz just the other day. I'm not even sure if this forum is intended for those not living in the USA.

Anyway here are my first questions.

I notice that some apps only appear in portrait mode & won't rotate. Is this normal or is there some way to force them into landscape?

I noticed that when I'm offered new update to apps that there isn't any 'whats new' information to tell you what your going to get in the update & what size it is. I have a Samsung Galaxy S 1 phone & that's what I always see. Is this normal? In fact I notice that some apps layout & feature are considerable different from what I see on my PC or phone.

I copied a PDF file to the machine. & was able to view it correctly in 'Polaris Office'. While waiting for delivery of my 32GB Micro sd card I inserted an old 2GB one. I then transferred one PDF file using Kies & it opened OK in 'Polaris Office' but I' can't find out how to make the app see the file. Whats the best way to do this?

There are several things on the machine that I can view on the screen but I can't seem to locate them when I go to view them in files. Whats the trick of finding where the files are located?

Thanks in advance

Galaxy tab 2 10.1 Version 4.0.3