Newbie to tablets

Mrlyte

May 11, 2011
Hey guys I'm new to the android tablet I just got my 7024 can someone send me the info on how to root this thing.

Sent from my Evo running cm7 using Android Tablet Forum

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Just download Z4root off of the Internet from the tablet and run it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

Mrlyte

May 11, 2011
I've searched the forum but I didn't find anything that's why I posted this. I'm gonna try & search again I thought I could get a little help that's all I'm sure some of you needed help when you first got started

Swyped from my EVO using Android Tablet Forum

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I've searched the forum but I didn't find anything that's why I posted this. I'm gonna try & search again I thought I could get a little help that's all I'm sure some of you needed help when you first got started

Swyped from my EVO using Android Tablet Forum

I searched for root and mid7024 got this: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...chnical/12842-how-root-mid7024.html#post75752 Keep in mind that there is NO recovery available at this time. The risk of bricking your tablet is high and once bricked it is best used as a paper weight, door stop, teach the dog fetch, that kind of stuff. There are no fancy ROMS available yet. No over-clocking no nothing. Unless you're a developer rooting serves no purpose.

Mrlyte

May 11, 2011
Thanks alot for the info I appreciate it

Swyped using Android Tablet Forum

Darkmo

May 12, 2011
Hi Guys Newbie here also! Waiting for my 8024 due to arrive in a week or so. Have several questions

Does flash drive work in the 8024 model

Can you download from the tablet or must you go through a pc to drag and drop the Adobe flash

I use google gmail. Does this work on this?

How does micro sd card work. It looks like a larger card and then a mini card. Is this were you would download movies onto?

Will this go to any website?

Thanks and looking forward to getting up an going!

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
Hi Guys Newbie here also! Waiting for my 8024 due to arrive in a week or so. Have several questions

Does flash drive work in the 8024 model

Can you download from the tablet or must you go through a pc to drag and drop the Adobe flash

I use google gmail. Does this work on this?

How does micro sd card work. It looks like a larger card and then a mini card. Is this were you would download movies onto?

Will this go to any website?

Thanks and looking forward to getting up an going!

Hey Darkmo! I have the 8024 and I'll do my best to answer most of your questions.

- Flash does work, although I haven't given it a complete test. so far though, so good.
- I actually installed the Flash APK (and a bunch of others) right from Dropbox. Simple to do and no PC required!
- I have not tested the email, but the tablet comes with the generic android mailbox app and Gmail should function. If not, one of my favorite apps for email is K-9 mail
- Micro SD card works well. In your file explorer it will show up as the external card...I keep movies, music and other media on mine...

Enjoy the tablet...I am!

ladybuglady

Aug 27, 2011
i bought a coby kyros mid7024 and i'm totally lost. i have never owned a tablet before and i thought i was going to be able to watch live web cams and other things but apparently can only see thru youtube. i have been trying to figure out how to get a flash app downloaded but frankly, i'm so stupid, i need step by step as nothing is working. i don't understand z4root, debugging, and any other terms connected to everything in all of these threads, and yes i have been reading these threads for 2 weeks. i am just a tablet idiot. is there one certain place on the internet where i can get step by step instructions, or better yet a phone # for me to get this information. i really think i need person to person to understand this and get the apps i want. all i really want is the flash but i have to go thru hoops and bounds to get to the android market. does anyone have any help for me? thank you

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Hi ladybuglady so far from what i have been reading on the 7024 you can just install the flash apk directly from freewarelovers android(google it) once installed no problems. Worked for me on the 7022. Hope I helped:)

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

ladybuglady

Aug 27, 2011
well THEDROID13, i would love for it to be that easy but i tried and it said "there are no android phones associated with this account. please sign in with a different account.

i have signed in, deleted my account, signed up again with google and this is what i get. i am now in the process of the adroid sdk and adv manager (what ever this is) on my laptop. just to get to this, i had to download installer, java se, adk7 windows i586.exe, all because i couldn't open an apk file extension. now...after this is installed on my laptop, where do i go from here? i believe i have to copy it to my microsd card? after that, i have no idea....what settings do i need to change on my 7024, my head is spinning.
i warned you that i was a tablet idiot. is there "dummies for coby kyros 7024" and if not there should be.....:(

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
You are not stupid my head is spinning too a little bit, but i have been reading a lot of forums:) Downloading from the online marketplace wont work until you have android market on your tablet. What I was describing earlier was to find the apk for flash somewhere on the internet and install it with apk installer. You shouldnt have to login to anything to do that. I will do some research on putting the market on the 7024 and get back to you:) Ps. Make sure you have "allow installation of non market applications" checked in settings

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

ladybuglady

Aug 27, 2011
i have been reading threads for 2 weeks now and some of them are not for 7024. i have downloaded everything there is to download. there is something on my tablet that says android market (a shopping bag w/a green guy).when i tap on it, it acts like it is going to open and then reverts back to the apps page. i also have the apkinstall icon on my tablet too, but does that mean that they are installed in my tablet? and i have adobe flash player in my downloaded applications (the other two are not in my downloaded applictations) but when i go to apkinstall, adobe flash isn't listed. i don't even know if i did it right, from android.com to card to tablet. i need to know what settings i need to use to get the contents of my card into the tablet. it's all confusing to me. but i do have "allow installation of non market apps" with a green check mark. then a threat said i needed googleservices in order for the market to be seen from my tablet, it wouldn't let me download. i can only use my card, as my computer doesn't see my tablet and there aren't any driver updates. my computer wasn't accepting apk files, so i had to download this, then in order to download this, i had to download that....see my confusion? and it still isn't opening in my pc. i don't think i have the applications themself, do you know how big the files are? i can compare my market size, apkinstaller size and adobe flash size. this is a lot of work. i may just forget the whole thing. my laptop is so full of junk, it's not funny. don't know what i'm doing, need step by step. so as you can tell, me and android are not getting along....but thanks for the help.

rickio

May 14, 2011
Hi ladybuglady
I got a 7024 also and been through same hassle at the beginning. Their are a few ways to install market. The way i did it was i used z4root. It does not do a complete root but eenough so market works. You need to uninstal the apks you installed and start fresh. Get z4root from androidfreeware. Run it then install googleservices.apk and your market apk. I see market in a variety of names sometimes apk is called vending apk. What apks do you have now? Lets make sure you got right ones first.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: