Newest Lenovo Android Tab to Include Tegra 3, 2GB Ram, Ice Cream Sandwich & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
lenovo-kal-el-gal-2011-11-01.jpg

It appears that the Transformer Prime from Asus, will not be the only Tegra 3 Quad-Core powered device to come along. Lenovo is working on a high-end Android tablet of their own, and this baby features some very impressive specs:
  • NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • 2GB of 1,600MHz DDR3 Ram
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Full-size USB port
  • Fingerprint scanner & Optical joystick (On back)
  • Special Fusion-Skin Body
It seems like the tablet wars are heating up all over again for a brutal beginning of 2012, both in the low-end consumer friendly market and the high-end hardcore market. What do you think of this beast?

There are a few more pics of the tablet over at the source link, but they didn't have any front facing shots.

Source: Engadget

dodgefan67

Nov 9, 2011
im thinking of waiting and saving my money for one of these Tegra 3 devices. now that i see there are more choices coming soon and not just from Asus (although that keyboard dock is nice) i'll have to seriously rethink getting a smaller, cheaper tablet now, even the Fire may have to take a back seat to one of these!

Nemix

Sep 5, 2011
I was really considering the ASUS Transformer Prime until I saw the specs of this Lenovo Tegra 3 tablet. I'm really digging the 2GB ram on this baby which I thought would be standard on all Tegra 3 tablets plus the design so far IMO looks better than the ASUS Prime (more masculine).

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
It looks as though Lenovo is going to get one up on the Asus Transformer Prime!!!!!???? Guess it depends on the release date of the Lenovo tablet. The specs really look great for a quad core tablet, but the big question is the release date?? Guess I will have to do some heavy research on Lenovo quality and reliability before I get too excited about their new tablet specs.....

Nemix

Sep 5, 2011
I not certain but some sites are saying a before end of 2011 release date with Ice Cream Sandwich, only bad thing so far with info known about the tablet it that it has not front camera (back camera pixels are unknown) and no mentions of a microSD or full size SD card slot as of yet. However, the tablet does have a full size USB slot and finger print reader/joystick?

dodgefan67

Nov 9, 2011
lenovo=ibm=yuck :) i work in a data center and dont like IBM very much...i know, i know, lenovo was spun off, but still there is lingering IBMness there im sure