News about vtab1008 firmware

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
I got a new news about vtab1008 :D yes ... take a look @ this video

@0.49 vtab1008 ... look like it got honeycomb or ICS ... because they dont support H/w buttons which gingerbeard support

you can notice it`s 8 inch ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Great News...The 10" sounds like a winner...I wonder about PRICING......Also the news that Honeycomb for the 8" will be out this month according to the Rep on the Video.....I also read some thing (iPad 3 Release Date Rumors, News, and Information) that when Ipad 3 is release IPad2 may be priced at $299, but that is just a rumor....Thanks to all and I wait anixously for HONEYCOMB

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
So, is Vizio saying that existing customers will get a HC upgrade? And if so, just what differences will we notice on our tablets?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
The larger squared off tablet being held in these videos is the Vizio VTAB 3010, due out with Honeycomb, I don't understand that decision when there are so many newer low cost competitor tablets coming out now or in the near future with IceCreamSandwich.

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
The ten inch will have a front and rear facing camera but they shy away from revealing its resolution. I would guess it should have a better rear facing resolution due to the competition and complaints that the frontal camera is "weak".

Since they know 4gb is not enough memory, I am guessing they will either raise the price and put more memory or claim that they are keeping the price down and not increase the memory.

RandyB

Dec 7, 2011
One of the vidoes said that the resolution of the 10 inch will be 1280 x 960.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
It looks like it will be a contender in the large screen low cost decent tablet category. The price will have to be low for most people to consider buying because by the time this comes out there will be quite a few tablets of comparable specs already shipping with IceCreamSandwich.
Byshipping this tablet with the older OS on it they will lose some sales.

Greaser

Jan 19, 2012
I actually was on the phone with a Vizio rep, I initially had a question about the firmware upgrade to 1.5 (it seemed my tab didn't get the full update) and he told me that Vizios next update for this tablet would leapfrog honeycomb and go straight to ICS, he said they were doing that because alot of other manufacturers were having problems with honeycomb on tablets, so something to look forward to.

joshschw

Jan 13, 2012
Interesting... I guess we will have to see what happens. Honeycomb being on it DOES make less sense because I don't think there is another tablet running honeycomb with this processor... correct me if I am wrong. I also know honeycomb doesn't have the reputation of being that...malleable. time will tell, it would hardly be the first time you hear totally different tings from different company reps. The version at CES was running one of the two though lol.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
Yeah but when is it coming? And when it does i wonder how long til root is achieved. Sorta like mine the way it is now with GB and root. Now if ICS is all that root may not be as mportant.

skoster

Apr 1, 2011
I live chatted with a support rep today, confirmed Honeycomb in the next month.

$vtab_info.png

briman4031

Dec 23, 2011
Truthfully most of these reps have no idea what theyre talking about. Im sure there is an update coming, but who knows what form?