Next-Gen Android Tablet Knock-Offs Begin

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
epad-h10.jpg

The race to make profit from the Android Tablet phenomenon is already off to a great start with multiple manufacturers creating a slew of Honeycomb powered devices. It seems that this has kicked off a new "knock-off" mini-race as well. A new company called "Pioneer Computer", based out of Australia is coming out with a Honeycomb powered knock-off of the Motorola Xoom. (They are not the Pioneer, famous world-wide electronics manufacturer of stereos and plasma TVs.) Their new tablet is called the DreamBook ePad H10 HD, and it's specs are virtually the same as the Xoom. Here's what Phandroid's article had to say about it.
On paper the ePad H10 HD stacks right up against the likes of the Motorola XOOM: Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 10.1-inch 1280×800 capacitive touchscreen, and dual cameras. Throw in up to 64GB of storage and a 3G radio and this Pioneer tablet sounds like nothing to scoff at. The price tag also takes its cue from the expensive Honeycomb tablets of late coming in at a wallet draining $700.
It may be a bit cheaper than the Xoom, but it's still pretty pricey nonetheless. I suppose one cool thing about this, is that if several knock-offs flood the market in the future, it will drive prices down on the rest of them. What do you guys think of this? Capable competitor or destined to fail?

Source: PhanDroid

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
$700 LMAO... considering the Xoom is already going to drop below $600, that company is insane.

jcr2d2

Mar 15, 2011
When you think throwing out some of the best gear for a tab with a great os is cool but after a while once the market gets dropped things may change, in the idea of cheaper components and shotty service.
That being said I'm all for it but I just dropped the dough for a pay as you go xoom so it doesn't matter to much until my son wants one then I'm all for the cheaper versions.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think it's a rebrand. There are supposed to be more of these coming.