Next-Gen Android Tablet Knock-Offs Begin

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Mar 15, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

The race to make profit from the Android Tablet phenomenon is already off to a great start with multiple manufacturers creating a slew of Honeycomb powered devices. It seems that this has kicked off a new "knock-off" mini-race as well. A new company called "Pioneer Computer", based out of Australia is coming out with a Honeycomb powered knock-off of the Motorola Xoom. (They are not the Pioneer, famous world-wide electronics manufacturer of stereos and plasma TVs.) Their new tablet is called the DreamBook ePad H10 HD, and it's specs are virtually the same as the Xoom. Here's what Phandroid's article had to say about it.
    It may be a bit cheaper than the Xoom, but it's still pretty pricey nonetheless. I suppose one cool thing about this, is that if several knock-offs flood the market in the future, it will drive prices down on the rest of them. What do you guys think of this? Capable competitor or destined to fail?

Source: PhanDroid
  2. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Motorola Xoom
    $700 LMAO... considering the Xoom is already going to drop below $600, that company is insane.
  3. regnaD kciN

regnaD kciN Junior Member

Maybe it's in Australian dollars? :cool:
  4. jcr2d2

jcr2d2 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Motorola Xoom Tablet
    When you think throwing out some of the best gear for a tab with a great os is cool but after a while once the market gets dropped things may change, in the idea of cheaper components and shotty service.
    That being said I'm all for it but I just dropped the dough for a pay as you go xoom so it doesn't matter to much until my son wants one then I'm all for the cheaper versions.
  5. HTC Fan

HTC Fan Junior Member

Someone forgot to send you the memo. Australian dollars are worth more than US dollars.
  6. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    I think it's a rebrand. There are supposed to be more of these coming.