Next Gen of the Huawei to Have Capacitive Screen

bmichigan

Dec 12, 2010
Just bought a color Nook, rooted, Angry Birds etc... With the lack of progress here (basically nice folks but lotsa talk, little action regarding modding/hacks/etc. I had to take the plunge). Little progress from Huawei regarding accessories - you can't even purchase a spare battery or charger! BN supplies many cases/chargers/screen protectors, etc.

I fear (as others have stated) that the S7 is going to become an orphan ala Archos/Augen/Pandigital and many others.

Goodbye and Good Luck but for $300 it ain't worth it

docfreed

I gave mine up also

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
ok, bye, we dont need deserters.
[COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important]Idiomas[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important]de>en [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important]Yahoo[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important]T[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important]E[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important]error[/FONT][/COLOR]
4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important] ok, bye, incoming goods dont need deserters.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]​

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
Just bought a color Nook, rooted, Angry Birds etc... With the lack of progress here (basically nice folks but lotsa talk, little action regarding modding/hacks/etc. I had to take the plunge). Little progress from Huawei regarding accessories - you can't even purchase a spare battery or charger! BN supplies many cases/chargers/screen protectors, etc.

I fear (as others have stated) that the S7 is going to become an orphan ala Archos/Augen/Pandigital and many others.

Goodbye and Good Luck but for $300 it ain't worth it

docfreed

I completely understand. You are correct about lack of support and development thus far even with the nice people of these forums and a few on XDA. Progress is slow-going.

We can only hope things get better for the S7 but right now it's not looking too good...

I hope you enjoy your rooted Nook Color. :)

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Well...I think this is a personal choice; to tell the truth, an 2.2 upgrade would be amazing, but as far as now I have played with the S7 a lot:

- Watching S7 reviews in YouTube (amazing, depends on the WiFi speed, but at 512kb or 1MB it's great)
- Listening to music (great built in speakers, conected my S7 to my Edifier mini speakers)
- Reading *.doc, *.xls and *.pdf (great for college. I would hate to walk around with all those books)
- Carrying my clients figures and revenues in *.xls (no more laptop booting just to check on a number, and it's still password protected)
- Power points with product presentations (one to one meetings, not huge crowds of course)
- Angry birds for myself and Dora the Explorer memory game for my 6 y'old princess (my daughter)
- Watching again the whole 1st season of The Sopranos (mp4 format)
- Calendar
- Sync to GMAIL accounts
- Android Tablets App
- Phone (my Blackberry died a week ago so I paired my bluetooth and I solved the issue)
- Weather and Google Maps
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Navigating the WEB
- Finance Calculator app

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I couldn't agree with the S7 fans more. Honestly, for the price the amount of features and speed that you get here is amazing. I also completely agree with those that hoped for more support in terms of accessories and software patches, etc. All I can say to that is, this is a new product line, not just a new product. We are all jumping in the pool very early, so we are not just early adopters but we are "Bleeding Edge" adopters and there are risks associated with that.

Finally, for anyone that cares or was concerned if they noticed that I also picked up a Viewsonic gTab, no worries. Three tablets, with three different purposes and i find them all to be good at certain things, and better at others. I for one am not abandoning the S7, regardless of where 2.2 comes from.

cheers!
p

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
I havent abandoned the s7, but I did purchase a nook color and have rooted it. NC a great device, but is too flaky with all the hacks to be a everyday use tablet at this time.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
I couldn't agree with the S7 fans more. Honestly, for the price the amount of features and speed that you get here is amazing. I also completely agree with those that hoped for more support in terms of accessories and software patches, etc. All I can say to that is, this is a new product line, not just a new product. We are all jumping in the pool very early, so we are not just early adopters but we are "Bleeding Edge" adopters and there are risks associated with that.

Finally, for anyone that cares or was concerned if they noticed that I also picked up a Viewsonic gTab, no worries. Three tablets, with three different purposes and i find them all to be good at certain things, and better at others. I for one am not abandoning the S7, regardless of where 2.2 comes from.

cheers!
p

I havent abandoned the s7, but I did purchase a nook color and have rooted it. NC a great device, but is too flaky with all the hacks to be a everyday use tablet at this time.

havent as yet abandoned the S7 but have ordered the archos 101; tempted to return the S7 for the gPad though...; what to do what to do..???

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
havent as yet abandoned the S7 but have ordered the archos 101; tempted to return the S7 for the gPad though...; what to do what to do..???

well...if you look at my sig line....i now have both the S7 and the gPad

bmichigan

Dec 12, 2010

I've been Trying to find the Archos 101 could someone tell me where i could order it from?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you didn't need the 3G or phone capabilities of the Huawei S7, I agree that it would be a better choice to buy something else in the first place. But it is by no means a poor device at its pricepoint, whether or not it receives a future Android upgrade.

rjgtr

Nov 28, 2010
Honestly, I can understand if you want a 2.2 tablet now and don't choose the S7. But the only stable 2.2 tablet out there seems to be the Gallexy Tab. I understand wanting everything now, but unless you are willing to wait until next April or even June for the Acer and other 2.3 or 3.0 tablets, you're not going to have a lot of reliable choices. Forums like this and x-dev never have overnight solutions to everything.

I like what the S7 offers and while I would love to get a 2.2 upgrade, I won't regret the purchase. It does a lot even with 2.1. I'm also willing to wait for Huawei's official response to 2.2. So far all we've got is rumour each way on the 2.2 debate.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Yes, that's right. 6 months from now there will be more choice (and the Apple iPad2 also). The only tablet with fully working 2.2 now is the Galaxy Tab. It is expensive, and who knows if it will ever get an upgrade past that. If you want one now, I'm not entirely sure what to suggest. 6 months from now there may be some ROM choices for the S7 too.

The Archos 101 is interesting, and I've seen one now. What it has going for it is the large screen, capacitive touch, and battery life and price. There are several minuses though; the screen viewing angles are absolutely rotten. It only really looks good in landscape looking down at it. The ipad puts it completely to shame. It has no GPS, compass or 3G, so use in the car for GPS mapping is out which is one of the things I'd like. It has WiFi connection problems at the moment. There is no official market but you can get one going. The software is buggy at the moment, and Archos has a horrible track record of abandoning their products. I don't know if I'd trade the S7 for that as it stands. With a better screen, maybe. The lack of GPS is a really turn off, but I suppose that since it is less portable you might not take it as many places.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
The one thing people forgetting about the S7 is that it gives you the ability to slip your own SIM card in it and not have to pay for another data plan. If you don't want, or don't need, that capability, or money is no object and you don't mind paying for mulitple data plans, then there may be better options for you.

For me, to be able to slip the SIM card from my iphone into the S7 and have UNLIMITED data (not some shabby 2gb or 5gb plan) is fantastic at this price point.