Next project

mtswall

Feb 10, 2011
People are going to start getting irritated with me but...be careful with froyo and installing stuff internally.

Ok, Steve
I get your point.

Can you suggest how I can get web content that is in adobe flash format to work on a browser on a 2.1 NC?

On my PC, I am used to flash being a plug-in on Firefox or IE. It has been a few years since I last played with Linux, but I don't recall it being that hard there, either. My biggest problem with apple iphone is this lack of support for flash.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok, Steve
I get your point.

Can you suggest how I can get web content that is in adobe flash format to work on a browser on a 2.1 NC?

On my PC, I am used to flash being a plug-in on Firefox or IE. It has been a few years since I last played with Linux, but I don't recall it being that hard there, either. My biggest problem with apple iphone is this lack of support for flash.

I am not sure how to get flash to work in 2.1.I think it is because the newest version of flash player does not work natively in the 2.1 OS. We should have a stable froyo or gingerbread release soon. I have been checking XDA for a stable release but don't see any yet.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Wellcome mtswall,I never saw you before on the forum. Since you like your nook so much, don't forget to vote for it as a gagdet of the year. Rico just started the thread- . vote for the nook color... ,-You can find it right before this one .
Gloria

mtswall

Feb 10, 2011
Wellcome mtswall,I never saw you before on the forum. Since you like your nook so much, don't forget to vote for it as a gagdet of the year. Rico just started the thread- . vote for the nook color... ,-You can find it right before this one .
Gloria

I did vote, already.....[changes signature]

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
My goal was to link my Exchange calendar to my Google calendar, and then get that linked to the calendars on my NC.. Misson accomplished! Now I want to find a way to color code the various things on my calendar (travel, doctor, vacation, etc..)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
My goal was to link my Exchange calendar to my Google calendar, and then get that linked to the calendars on my NC.. Misson accomplished! Now I want to find a way to color code the various things on my calendar (travel, doctor, vacation, etc..)

Can we see pictures of what you are doing?
gloria

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
There really isn't much of a picture to show. The Exchange to Google part is a program that runs on my desktop computer and syncs my Exchange calendar to my Google calendar every 120 minutes. Once the Google calendar is populated with my data, any calendar that can sync with the Google calendar can pull it in. What I found about the color coding is that the only way to make that work is to put different event types on different calendars and then run a calendar app that can sync with multiple calendars.. Yeah, I don't want to maintain 4 different calendars, so I abandoned that idea.

Also, I gave up on the Touchdown app for Exchange linking.. It worked, sometimes, but all always. Plus it was a battery hog. Now I'm using the stock email app to hit my Exchange (work) email and the stock GMail app for my personal mail. For my calendar I'm using Schedule St. (only on my phone right now.. The last update killed it on my NC) and Business Calendar Beta.

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
I've elimated most of my peeves (i.e. calendar sync, contacts sync, etc.) except one, so the next project for me: Finding some way to see what's in the status bar with lcd screen density of 240

Hate the compressed appearance of the default rooted 1.1.0 screen....240 density is puurrrfect. But unless I catch a notification pop-up, its gone into the inaccessible side of the status bar with no idea of what other notifications are there. Hmm, maybe I need to take another look at LauncherPro as on my Droid X it does give the menu option to pull up the notifications.

Well, in about the span of time it took me to outline my Next Project ... project completed!!

However, with an acute case of TINKERITIS, it'll only be a short time before I figure out something else to do.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So cvhovey, you got that disease too! Do you mind if I suggest you a project? Put together a great screenshot for my thread -just screenshot- a sub in themes and wallpapers. If you go check it out and you see what our moderators have been doing with their screen , I'm sure your case of tinkeritis will go from mild to grave!
Gloria

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
^ Unfortunately a case of chronic acute terminal tinkeritis has struck again. Between inability to get any alternate keyboard to work (settings > keyboard crashes every time) and clockwork recovery increasingly freezing/locking up, looks like next project will be wiping slate clean and starting from scratch, hopefully being able to rebuild via Titanium Backup to where I was in getting things set-up to my liking. Darn (yeah...something else to do!!).....

In the meantime, I'll try to post an oh-so-bland screenshot before wiping the slate and starting over.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you for the screnshot and if you are still awake, good luck with your ehm, project. Follow instructions, there are plenty on the forum. I personally didn't install CWR ,I used the autonooter , my nook is1.0.1.....it was easy and everything works great. In few hours our mods are going to be awake and ready to help you
BTW...wellcome to the forum!

Gloria