Next6

max0r4axor

Sep 23, 2011
its also known as nxm736 i have the original update.img used from the factory if anyone is interested playing with this ROM. I've been trying to make my own rom but im a little lost if any one wants to help out with development

Last edited:

max0r4axor

Sep 23, 2011
They have released another rom from the manufacture it isn't an update to froyo but just application changes since boarders books changed. I can post that one too if anyone wants it.

max0r4axor

Sep 23, 2011
Finally got a rom with a working market gmail etc if someone could fix the root problem im having would be fantastic or explain to me how to manually root it before i flash it id appreciate it. Oh also i found out the long way that this is actually a 2818 not a 2808 dont know if this thread could be moved to the appropriate sub-forum

Last edited:

max0r4axor

Sep 23, 2011
opened system.img with Newtuxflasher
added SuperUser.apk to /system/app , and change user/group to 0/0
added su and busybox to /system/bin , and change user/group to 0/0
Saved the system.img
ran apftool repacked the image put on the root of a sd card found the image and flashed it
files are there now but still no root any ideas?

nathonix

Oct 6, 2011
at least i'm not the only one working on this god forsaken tablet! i've flashed a few roms to it, and haven't been able to get much working. cant seem to get the system.img to open properly, however i've dumped the update.img from the device and put it up here. i've had to use it repeatedly to revert back to stock(even though i cant seem to access the system.img, it works fine for reinstalling). also, rkandroidbatchupgrade works with the tablet, after finally figuring out how to get it into the right mode.

how did you go about dumping your system.img in a way that you were able to open it?

MASSIVE EDIT: got the system.img issue figured out, long story short, i've got market. still no root, but this fixed my biggest gripe with the system. i'm uploading the image now

EDIT: here ya go

Last edited:

zztammyzz

Dec 18, 2011
you can only do a soft root from what i know so far on these devices using universal androot, you can add rom manager and clockworkmod also and (apk installer if u want to add files that don't require a rooted device). I have also added android market and appplanet, i use file explorer to gain access to my internal and sd card. all has work well.

these addon are good if u want to play certain games, or add on some other stuff...like android market. the applanet i did not have to root to add that. just transfer your apk files to your device and install, u need ur file explorer and apk installer thats all.

The drawback to this whole issue with the soft root is if u want to use certain programs, games, ect u have to do a soft root each time u boot up your tablet.

p.s i have tryed adding (flash for 21 apk) aka flash player 10 for 2.1 . It doesn't seem to work on this device, not sure if it has something todo with the permissons on the plugin or ect, but i'm no educated tech hacker so i not able to fiqure that one out yet. lol. hope this helps someone with their new nextbook6.

ps if the update from nextbook crashes your slideme. reinstall the program from the nextbook website and transer the files from your computer, the update has known issue of corrrupted file or imcomplete and crashes the slideme.