Nextbook Premium 7, connection and speed

finplan

Dec 25, 2011
I have the Nextbook Premium 7 ... and experiencing connection and internet speed issues. I have searched this site and it seems like a common issue is very common. I had to reset the system 2x to finally get the connection working, but then I can hardly get to any site. No Youtube videos will play, Nextbookusa.com will not even pull up. The odd time I may get msn.com, but only after a few minutes of me leaving it alone.

I checked out the Nextbook product site and there is a firmware update, but not for my serial number. It does state the firmware is specifically for issues with connection and internet speed.

Anyone have any other suggestions? If it does not work, I will be sending it back very soon.
If I can get a fix going, I will be posting all my findings on the forum, plus my journey as I add apps, games etc. Forums are awesome !!

Thanks for any help!

finplan

Dec 25, 2011
To fix the Nextbook Premium 7 connection and speed issue... goto :: Welcome to Nextbook.com :: and top right corner.... click on the firmware update.

* Note- serial numbers listed are the 'ranges of serial numbers' and not just extra numbers.

This took maybe 10minutes tops and worked great for me.

Here is the video on how to install: ::Nextbook2::

sully9

Dec 29, 2011
Hey, I have a next8p tablet and ive been having the same problems....

The update didnt work for me, it said invalid file image, which is odd because my serial number matched with one of the listed ones
Does this update only work for the next7p?

sully9

Dec 29, 2011
Ah, I figured it out for the next8p...
First i changed the channel my wifi was on from 6 to 1.. there are 12 different channels i just picked one....

I hope it helps anyone else with similar problems on the next8p tablet

imakarguy

Jan 22, 2012
I have the nextbook 8 also and its sooooo slow and tried almost everything. Where are the channels on the wifi to change. Is it on the nextbook 8 or wifi router.

andiellen

May 10, 2012
To fix the Nextbook Premium 7 connection and speed issue... goto :: Welcome to Nextbook.com :: and top right corner.... click on the firmware update.

* Note- serial numbers listed are the 'ranges of serial numbers' and not just extra numbers.

This took maybe 10minutes tops and worked great for me.

Here is the video on how to install: ::Nextbook2::

I don't find any firmware updates on the nextbookusa site. :-(