Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) Forums are Live!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Writing for The New York Times, well-regarded tech reviewer David Pogue addressed the key features of the Nexus 7 in a light-hearted open letter to Google.
His article begins by comparing the changes over the first-generation model, noting the tablet's new “mediocre” camera on the back, a readjusted snapper on the front, stereo speakers and the addition of “very slow” wireless charging.
Pogue though was more impressed with the tablet’s 1920 x 1200 resolution display, which represents a significant upgrade on the 1280 x 800 resolution screen which was featured on the original model.
“And that screen — wowsers. It’s glorious, bright and sharp. You maintain, Google, that at 323 dots per inch, it’s the sharpest of any 7-inch tablet. I believe you’re right.”
The tech columnist went on to note the tablet’s smooth and fluid touchscreen response and quotes the battery life at around a day and a half for "typical on-off use".
Pogue was less impressed with the new plastic rear and noted some minor issue with the new restricted profile feature on Android 4.3. However, Pogue reserved his most severe criticism for the quality of Android tablet apps.
“The crushing disappointment is, as always, the selection of Android tablet apps. Your catalog is coming along, but a lot of “tablet apps” for Android are still just Android phone apps with wider canvases; they haven’t actually been designed to exploit the larger tablet screen efficiently, as they have on iPads.”
In his conclusion, Pogue said that the new Nexus 7 would be more likely for potential Kindle Fire buyers, rather than those looking to pick-up an Apple iPad.
“Thank you, Google. You’ve produced another deeply satisfying machine. You kept the price reasonable. And you’re doing a great job of keeping your competitors honest — and pushing the great tablet envelope just enough to keep things interesting.”

darth_jusifer

Aug 17, 2012
I got my Nexus 7 2nd gen for almost a month now and out hasn't disappointed me at all. The processor is extremely godlike, it can run both NOVA 3 and MC4 updated so flawlessly with its top of the line graphics, which is by the way complemented by the 323ppi reruns display. Video playback is awesome, 1080p looks absolutely crisp. Sound are okay, there's always a work around for that with high quality head sets. Camera quality is just fine, you can't exactly expect so much from a budget tab like this. Touch is smooth and very responsive, i have yet to experience any problems with that. this has got to be the best device i have ever laid my hands on. Compared with the Galaxy tab 3 this is a good among tablets