Nexus 7 and Amazon Appstore App

nkbay99

Jan 1, 2013
My Nexus(current version of OS) will not download the Amazon Appstore App. I go to the Appstore; following instructions, I have message/download link sent to my email address; I make sure that the Nexus will accept Apps from other sources; I go to the download link; I receive a message that the Appstore App is downloading; and then it stops. I can not download ANY Amazon Android App.

I then went to Google play and asked to download Amazon Appstore App. A list of similar apps is displayed but no Amazon Appstore App!

What am I doing or not doing. Please help

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You also have to go into Settings>security> and check the box to allow unknown sources. Amazon tells you to do this after downloading the app store. After you have done that, you can go into your downloads folder (or notifications bar if the message that the download is complete is still there) and click on the file and it will install. Log in with your Amazon account and you will have access to the Amazon App Store.

nkbay99

Jan 1, 2013
Thanks so much. Didn't even think about the downloads folder (dumb me!!). I a a very experienced Windows user but very new to the Nexus 7.