Nexus 7..Did I Buy Too Much..I'm a Senior, So I'm Less Informed Than Most Here

ttomm46

Feb 4, 2013
:confused: Bought the 199 one from staples..also 40 buck leather case and 50 dollars plan in case the glass cracks or breaks..Heard some people had glass problems so i shelled out 300 bucks altogether..did i mess up much

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Nah. On tablets it was probably not a bad deal if you plan on keeping it a while. Many of the tablets are prone to glass breakage but I don't think the Nexus is any worse than others Just treat it like sensitive electronic equipment and you'll be fine. ;);)

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
You should be fine as long as you don't go throwing it across the room when you don't get the info you're looking for, or you don't win your Angry Birds level! Welcome to the site!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome ttomm46. You may want to rethink the case (though it could be a very nice leather one) since there are many good options for lower prices. Now that you have a Nexus 7 browsing Amazon might be a good place to look. I just ordered this one for myself today for $15.

Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully F

$31Pw30Xc1uL._SY300_.jpg

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I have the Nexus 7 and it is a wonderful tablet. Although I would not have shelled out 50 bucks for a breakage policy. The glass on the Nexus is far superior to the iPhone and some of the other devices. You would have to slam it to the floor pretty hard to break the glass. And then it would have other issues as well. By the way, I am a senior too.