Nexus 7

jamescbarrow

Jul 26, 2014
ok guys been looking at the nexus tablets used on ebay, should i spend the extra money to get a gen 2 i know there is some differences like the forward facing camera on the gen 2.

uses will be as fallows

every day browsing
facebook/youtube

also speed wise how will my dish anywhere app work with this thing.

accasionally downloading and listening to music.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Either one would probably do what you want a tablet for. So far both have been receiving updates to the latest version of Android. Will that continue or will the Gen 1 be left behind? Also the battery and all the other components on a Gen 1 are going to be older and will probably fail a year or so sooner. No way of foretelling the future, all you can do is consider the odds.:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That would be my choice. Guess I should have been a salesman instead of an engineer.:) Hope you find something in your price range.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
For what you're planning to use the tablet for a Gig should be fine.

jamescbarrow

Jul 26, 2014
how about the asus memo pad, are they any good, i would like something with a rear facing camera.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
We'll know pretty quick when it arrives.:) Let me know how it turns out.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
James,

Your tablet may not come with the instruction, and even if it does about all they cover is turning the tablet On/Off.
While you're waiting, click this link to the Nexus Help Center and you'll find tons of advice on the care & feeding of your new (To You.) tablet.

https://support.google.com/nexus/#topic=3415518