Nexus Media Importer, video streaming = black screen/freeze or error..??

miseryguts

Aug 31, 2012
I've no idea what is going on here.

I've tried multiple different videos in different formats/size using different players (mobo/BS etc) and none of them work.. they all work perfectly fine on my PC & other mobile devices.
They are on the root of a 32GB Kingston SD & reader (and I've tried different cards & readers)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quickly driving me insane

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you transfer them to the tablet do they work?

What format are the videos, not MKV I hope?;)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hey thanks for the quick reply

No they aren't MKV.. and yeah they work fine if I transfer them??

So, if they work on your tablet I suggest you reformat your SD cards, preferably FAT32. Can you access other files on the SD card without a problem?

miseryguts

Aug 31, 2012
Thanks,

I reformatted the cards as you suggested.. but unfortunately the videos still won't play.
Don't know if it makes any difference, but should I see a thumbnail image of the video..? because I don't.. just a grey icon with the title/format.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Depending on the video player you may not see a thumbnail. I'm assuming you are using a file manager to navigate to the external memory then taping the file and asking it to open in a player?

miseryguts

Aug 31, 2012
Depending on the video player you may not see a thumbnail. I'm assuming you are using a file manager to navigate to the external memory then taping the file and asking it to open in a player?

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.. I need to use a file manager??
I'm trying to stream the videos from my SD card via the Nexus media Importer app.. there's no mention of having to use a file manager in the app instructions.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not sure I understand you correctly.. I need to use a file manager??
I'm trying to stream the videos from my SD card via the Nexus media Importer app.. there's no mention of having to use a file manager in the app instructions.

Try using a (the) file manager to locate the video on the SD card and tap it. You said you were using different players so pick one and try it. It could be the importer causing the problem.

miseryguts

Aug 31, 2012
Many thanks for all your help..
The problem seems to be the SD card/s & flash drive (strange though they work with everything else I have) as they are not detected by ASTRO or ES File Explorer when connected by OTG, which is working OK as Nexus Media Importer automatically opens as soon as it is connected.
How do I find out which card/drives will work..? I'd rather not have to randomly buy different cards & drives until I find the magic combination.

miseryguts

Aug 31, 2012
I'm pretty much out of options. Wish I could be more help.

Hey, no problem.. thanks anyway
Perhaps someone else out there can help me work out wtf the problem is.. a bit of extra screen estate would have been nice for video watching, c'est la vie.. in the meantime it's back to my trusty old Galaxy Note.