No 1.2

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
My nook refuses to download/install anything 1.2 related. I tried to use the official B&N download. It never tried to install it even though it was in the right place.

I think thats because when i restored stock I cannot login, it says serial number is missing, mac address, etc etc. So if anybody knows why and how i can fix that would be great.

Also I used the cwm flashable stock 1.2 update, It installs in clockwork. when I reboot the install fails. Im about to give up on trying to get up to 1.2.

Plllllease help Ive been working on this for almost 2 weeks.
confused.gif

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi oman, it sounds like you are doing several things wrong so lets try and figure them out and tackle them one at a time.

So you were running something other than stock and restored to stock correct?
What proceedure did you use to restore to stock and what version of stock did you end up on?
What flashable stock 1.2 update are you talking about (do you have a link)?

If you are truly restored but have ClockworkMod Recovery installed that will prevent the 1.2 B&N update from working. The answers above will give us some background but essentially it sounds like you want to return to stock B&N 1.2. In that case follow this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html.

Once you have reverted to stock 1.0.1 or 1.1 then follow the 1.2 update instructions on B&N's website (put the 1.2 zip file in the root of the internal memory). This should get you back to stock B&N 1.2 but having the information above will help us trouble shoot if necessary.

JP

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
Hi oman, it sounds like you are doing several things wrong so lets try and figure them out and tackle them one at a time.

So you were running something other than stock and restored to stock correct?
What proceedure did you use to restore to stock and what version of stock did you end up on?
What flashable stock 1.2 update are you talking about (do you have a link)?

If you are truly restored but have ClockworkMod Recovery installed that will prevent the 1.2 B&N update from working. The answers above will give us some background but essentially it sounds like you want to return to stock B&N 1.2. In that case follow this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html.

Once you have reverted to stock 1.0.1 or 1.1 then follow the 1.2 update instructions on B&N's website (put the 1.2 zip file in the root of the internal memory). This should get you back to stock B&N 1.2 but having the information above will help us trouble shoot if necessary.

JP

Thats the issue. I attempted to restore stock using the nook complete restore 1.0.1. I pick my time zone etc etc then when it is ready for me to try to register it goes to an error and says my serial number, mac address and model number are all missing.

When I rooted the 1.0.1 and check those settings in the nook color tools app it says device owner unknown, device id unknown, serial number is 00000000000 model number is m1234.

I bypassed that by holding vol up and tap bottom left and right of screen. but its useless. I cant access anything on stock w/o registering.

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
^^^^^^ That is why I think I cant update the way B&N said

Also Ive tried the OFFICIAL B&N download (checked md5sum, its right) Ive tried both the Clockwork flashable stock 1.2 update-withcwm and the one that removes it. Clockwork says it installs then i reboot, I get an install failed on the loading screen before boot animation

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I would remove CWR following the FAQ in my sig...then do a 8-failed boot and force it to look to the internal stock image that comes from the factory...

Following the 'revert to stock' thread should do that automatically for you, so I don't know why it isn't working for you.

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
Well just an update.....even a master tech at B&N couldnt figure it out. He tried doing a few things to get everything back to normal including formatting everything. He said he hasnt heard of a problem like this root or no root. They told me they were gonna send me a new nook