No APN settings :(

DNo

Aug 29, 2012
Hey all,

I'm new to android (and the forum) so please feel free to take pity on my Noobness.....

I recently bought a Coby 1125 and being the impatient fella I am wanted to upgrade the OS to 4.0. I ended up search the net and installed ICS from the German site but had problems getting Gapps to work. I then ran another android upgrade program which turned out to be 4.1.1. by GreenDemon and found a Gapps package which works.

So now I'm running 4.1.1. (which is JB yes?) with Gapps working (more or less - Still seems to be a lot of incompatible stuff on play) but the main problem is I'll lost APN.....I don't even have the option for it in settings. I've been reading up loads and tried various things but can't seem to get anything to restore it, I'm guessing somehow this has been disabled deep down in the root of the tablet?

Being able to insert a 3g SIM was a pretty big selling point for me and I'm really conscious of configuring all the apps properly only having to wipe them again in the future when I work out what's going on (or find an update that works).

The Wi-Fi also seems to be acting strange in that under settings it shows full strength but on the notification bar it only shows a greyed out icon. Is this normal? It seems to be running ok, it does cut out when going on standby but I presume this is just a power saving feature?

Is there anyone out there that can help me? As I say I've been reading as much as possible but can't seem to find any answers :(

I've also seen a ROM that apparently 'fits' my model running 4.1.1. Could this fix my problem or is it just going to be optimization tweaks?

Thanks
Ben