No exit out of Froyo 2.2 Video Player app - Arnova 10

cyclezen

Oct 14, 2011
So I got an Arnova 10 a few days ago. Started with the stock firmware - Eclair 2.1 and decided to try the Froyo 2.2 firmware update. That generally went OK, however it is very much a tradeoff on somethings.
One thing which is a real PITA, or is just my ignorance and inability to deduce...
The video player app in Froyo offers no obvious way to exit the player once in use.
What am I missing ???? have not tried the audio player.
This is impossibly annoying...
Any one have some suggestions? or possible alternates? I checked moboplayer, but its not compatible with Froyo 2.2, or so it says...
Help is appreciated! Thanks

cyclezen

Oct 14, 2011
just some follow up...

the video player thing was just one aspect of what is obviously a kludgy implementation of Froyo (2.2) which is really a phone OS to a tablet. Addtionally the audio player crapped out, the browser stopped browsing completely.
not knockin those who actually did the heavy lifting to get Froyo on the Arnova 10 - a great effort and worth of thanks. Just that the Arnova tablet is a village idiot trying to be Einstein...
Since this whole cheap tablet thing is really an experiment for me, I wasn;t really put out that it wasn;t working at all; just annoyed by the random inoperable state of things.
Re-flashed the ROM back to stock, everything worked OK again, in it's limited 2.1 OS.
So I decided to try flashing Froyo again.... Some things now worked, others didn't....
Obviously the ROM update was an iffy thing which changed each time it was tried.
I eventually flashed back and forth 3 more times (one time the touch screen became completely unresponsive...) for a total of 5 update attempts.
But finally I am at a Froyo ROM update which seems to be somewhat stable, with all apps running reasonably. Sometimes random apps will lockup, but powering down and up takes care of all those instances. Task Killers don;t really seem to work when the tablet locks up due to an app goin bad... email is awful, even webbased mail is painful.

Other things... Dolphin Browser seems to be the best in operation on this tablet.

Flash on youtube plays on Froyo, but the video must play to completion... there's no way to 'stop' play during and not have the app/tablet lock up. This is not true for locally held FLV files, those can be paused , resumed and stopped normally...
decent for ebooks, not so great for audio (my mp3 player is better) but useable, video is ok...
in all just about worth what for what I paid for it.
next step will be to see if I can get some video conferencing to work...

this whole thing reminds me of trying to get work done in the cp/m daze...

Last edited: