No flash?

Fett

Dec 29, 2012
Does this tablet not support any flash? because my Phone which only has gingerbread supports it surprisingly. Is there a way to get flash on this?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hello Fett, I believe the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 should support Flash if you are running Android versions between Gingerbread and ICS. Flash is a dying/dead software though and is not being supported in Android after ICS. This can make running Flash tricky since it has been pulled from the Play Store and Adobe is no longer supporting it either. Searching this forum will pull up some resources for downloading and installing Flash but you still may not get the experience you want out of it.

Another option is to search for a browser that lets you use Flash websites by rendering the Flash content on their servers and then sending you a translated page (like Puffin https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmosa.puffinFree). Frequently fighting to have Flash is more trouble than it's worth. With a little time and work though you can find a solution that works if you must have Flash.

JP

mikee

May 29, 2011
i just upgraded to jb on on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 I totally forgot about the flash thing. Is there still a way to install it like if i took an apk file for flash would that work?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try a search for flash on Jelly Bean on this forum. There is a thread for it but at some point no trick is going to work for flash.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i just upgraded to jb on on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 I totally forgot about the flash thing. Is there still a way to install it like if i took an apk file for flash would that work?

I have a link below that will steer you in the right direction