no games work, no apps work, did i make a mistake?

beardyone

Mar 27, 2011
I have this

Slate 8 inch Android MultiTouch Tablet Free Delivery : Touch Tablets PDA : Maplin

I am finding that 95% of apps and games that i install do not work. Crash back to home screen, artifacts in the graphics. Plus the whole thing is very sluggish. Slower than my wildfire!

No 3d games work of course, didnt really expect that, but angry birds has white blocks where text should be, angry birds rio crashes back to home screen, surely it should be able to handle those two games???

I got what i paid for i am sure, but is it because of the telechips processor that a lot of things don't work?

What do you guys think? take it back to the shop and get a refund? an extra £40 and i can have an archos 101. Be honest with me. thanks :)

Last edited:

beardyone

Mar 27, 2011
cool. i should have done research first i guess. i think i kind of assumed that the scene with tablets was similar to phones. never realised there was a minefield of generic models and hardware issues. i thought it would be 'buy tablet - root - custom rom'. i shall be back soon. maybe next payday. and after reading a lot more of this forum to make sure i get myself a decent model :)