No HBO Go after update

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
To answer your long response briefly. I would prefer the option not to update. The argument that this is a better version is questionable. The fact that some on this forum wanted it hardly means we all did.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Well a company, particularly one with one device and not generally in the tablet business, is not going to want to support multiple branches of software so it is all or nothing for an update. I am not saying all wanted an update but a majority did. Have you ever seen a majority of device users not want the latest (with the exception of Vista maybe) regardless of how "techy" they are? Just look at Apple and their minor phone updates, the majority of users have no need to move from a 3 to a 3s or a 4 to a 4s but new is "better" so they do.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
Hedgehog000 said:
To answer your long response briefly. I would prefer the option not to update. The argument that this is a better version is questionable. The fact that some on this forum wanted it hardly means we all did.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

After my VTAB1008 was updated to Vizio Honeycrud all I want is to have it restored to factory but Vizio will not let me go that far back.

I have lost 9.5% of the screen in landscape mode to on screen buttons and now I have all sorts of problems with the Adobe Flash Player where it worked great before the Vizio Honeycrud update.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
jhig1961 said:
How much screen did you lose in portrait?

You lose an area 73 pixels high to the on-screen buttons in both landscape and portrait mode. That ends up as a little over 9.5% in landscape and a little over 7.1% in portrait.

Oddly enough when I bought this Vizio there were a few things I really liked about it:

1. It had the same screen resolution as the ipad2 but on a smaller screen.

2. It worked with the Adobe Flash Player.

3. It had buttons on the bezel for both landscape and portrait.

4. It had three speakers meaning side speakers in landscape mode.

5. The IR Remote looked interesting.

FYI I bought the Freedom Bundle and used the stylus a lot.

Turns out the IR Remote will not work on Direct TV if the Direct TV box has been changed to a different IR control channel because there is more than one box at a location. Plus I need Wifi Remote to get control of certain DISH DVRs and I doubt Vizio will ever change their application for those two items.

While the side speakers is still neat I've seen smaller Android devices with better base.

After the upgrade to Vizio Honeycomb the bottons on the bezel were disabled, the functionality of the Adobe Flash Player was partially removed, when I use the stylus sometimes it seems to be a little off with double strikes or no press at all more common and now the resolution without the buttons is less than the iPad2 so I would have returned this VTAB1008 if the upgrade was done earlier.

Last edited:

momcat1

Nov 14, 2010
HBO now claims that HBO GO works on honeycomb tablets, so why does it still not work on my vtab?

Richard

After much experimentation, I was able to sideload the apk from my JellyBean Gnex phone and it does work on the Vtab. Video is choppy though.