No Market HD apps for A100?

jpconard

Dec 1, 2011
Why is it that every HD app with HD in the name is not compatible with the A100? I've tried to get some of these 10 cent HD apps and it says not compatible with any of my devices, phone, Nook Color and the A100.

Yet others are running the same game on their phones. I don't get it. The A100 is Tegra2 and had HC3.2 out of the box, and is 1024x600, equal or better than most phones.

jpconard

Dec 1, 2011
Not only what I said above but I've found 2 apps - Doodle Jump and Color & Draw for Kids HD (called color and draw for kids tablet edition at Amazon) which Google market says are incompatible then I go to Amazon market and they are 10 cents there and install and run no problem. Who at Google determines what apps are compatible with the A100? They aren't doing a very good job of it.

mskoffeebrown

Dec 16, 2011
That's strange because i have the same tablet and have no issues downloading HD apps. It maybe your market settings.

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Uh a ton of those HD apps don't work. A lot of those are Gameloft games, which either aren't compatible with honeycomb, or aren't compatible with the Acer a100. It's counterintuitive, because most people assume android is employing the same labeling system as apple - where HD signifies a tablet compatible app. However, android does not do that ; some developers subscribe to that assumption .... but most just use that to either signify a high resolution app, or simply to sell more apps.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum