No Multi-Touch?

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
I recently received my first tablet (the kyros 9042-8) as a gift and after rooting (for gapps and play store) only one issue remains... It claims to have a multi-touch capacitive screen, but from the time I first booted it till now it's never registered a second touch. Is this a known issue, or is it just me? Could it be my drivers are out of date or the wrong ones installed or simply a faulty screen? After some tweaking i'm pretty impressed with this tablet, but that's the one issue still bugging me. any help or ideas? Maybe this is the norm on this tablet?

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
I'm sure you probably know more on this topic than I do, so I'll probably end up going that way, but i'm at least hoping that if it was a defective unit the touch screen wouldn't work at all. Keeping your recomendation in mind, I think i'm going to TRY finding a stock rom for the device and try restoring it in hopes that maybe their was a software screw up at the factory. I'll post updates as I complete the work. And while i'm on topic, I plan on doing a search for it, but if anybody could lead me in the direction of a stock rom for the 9042-8 it would greatly reduce my effort and be appreciated.

Cinruskin

Dec 28, 2012
Hi, kawboy76.
I also have an rooted 9042-8 with working multitouch and don't think it's defective if the basic touch screen is working.

How do you tested the multitouch? Some applications doesn't use multitouch, so it can be a little tricky to test. Try using the Gallery app and zoom in/out a picture making a "pinch" movement.

By the way, if you open the Setting app and go to "Developer options/User Interface", you can activate the "Show Touches" option. With this every "touch" appear in the screen as a big white dot and you can check how many simultaneous "touches" is detecting the tablet.

Hope some of this can help.

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
Yeah. I've tried all of those. Still nothing. I've even tried downloading apps that test multu-touch and still nothing. I've restored the system to factory default and still no success. The only thing I've been pondering that I haven't actually done yet is replacing the screen drivers and I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of opying over system files...if it's even possible without doing a full restore.

Cinruskin

Dec 28, 2012
Strange problem. I don't think rooting the tablet could be the culprit because these hacks normally don't touch drivers. As far i know only something changing the way the tablet "senses" the input could do that.
Something like an keyboard replacement app or an settings hack app.

kawboy76

Dec 27, 2012
Well, after several failed attempts, I finally gave in and called tech support. They want me to send the unit in for replacement/repair, but my problem now is that the device is rooted. Having used the root method given here in the Dev section with root_recovery is their any way to unroot the tablet before I ship it in?