No option to D/L app from market

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Some apps on the the market, don't give me an option to download them. They show me the app with no bar to download. 2 examples, Uno and Scrabble. Does anybody know why? Running CM7 encore off SD card

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I just updated to the new market on a CM7 RC1 Sd card I am paying with and noticed the same thing. I think it is an issue with the new Market. It is like somebody else said in the thread about the new Market, doesn't Google realize they will make more money if the Market works with everything?

That seems to be the obvious difference between Google (an internet search company) and Apple and Amazon (consumer companies). Despite the Amazon store being brand new it just works and Amazon knows how to make an online market. The Google Market, both the Market itself and the app, have been frought with problems since day 1.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
This is a problem with the new market being more "device aware". The work around is fairly easy.
Using root explorer (or whatever root file manager you run) go to /system/build.prop and change screen resulution from 161 to 160. (If you have lcd density app, you can do it from there but it does not survive a reboot and you need to do it every boot)
Go to settings-applications-manage applications and clear data from the market app.
Exit and restart the market. You will have to agree to the TOS again but you will have the new market + movies.
Sooner or later the market will update and start screwing up again. When it does, just clear data on the market app and restart the market app.
The workaround sucks but it's the best we have found yet.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
Yes I've run into this problem as well, e.g. the market thinks my device is not compatible with the app and does not allow a download...

My solution so far is:

1. Go over to the Amazon Android site and if the app is there, it doesn't seem to check/care what device you are using.

2. Or Find the app .apk from someplace...e.g. the app owner site and purchase and download from there.

So far I have worked around every app compatibility issue with the Market... it's not elegant but I got what I wanted...

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I did the mod that moshe brought out, but still have to go into manage apps and reset data on the Market app to get everything to work properly, I have to do this every couple of days, but it usually makes all the buttons and Myapps show up.