No recovery on my tablet...

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Tried a dozen different ways, but no way to enter into recovery on my tablet. 0.6.3.2(677). Any combination is a no go. Any ideas?

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Tried a dozen different ways, but no way to enter into recovery on my tablet. 0.6.3.2(677). Any combination is a no go. Any ideas?

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p
None of the infoTMIC powered tablets have a Recovery mode. The only option is a "factory reset" which wipes all settings and applications restoring to factory state.

Power + Home + Vol Up + Vol Down + Back = "Press the required keys if you wish to perform a factory reset"
Power + Home + Back = "Press the required keys if you wish to perform a factory reset"
Power + Home + Vol Up + Back = "Press the required keys if you wish to perform a factory reset"
Power + Home + Vol Down + Back = "Press the required keys if you wish to perform a factory reset"

One of the combinations above may work. Then pressing a key will apply a "factory reset" if the device has a system backup image. If not, you'll receive a message "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD". In that case the only option for reset is to use the manual update process to re-burn the system image.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
None of the infoTMIC powered tablets have a Recovery mode. The only option is a "factory reset" which wipes all settings and applications restoring to factory state.

One of the combinations above may work. Then pressing a key will apply a "factory reset" if the device has a system backup image. If not, you'll receive a message "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD". In that case the only option for reset is to use the manual update process to re-burn the system image.

Ok. Definitely NOT going to do that. I am actually starting to HATE this tablet. The firmware is a disaster at the source code level. Wifi has worked flawlessly for days, but the damn browser is so slow I can't do anything with it. God forbid I go to XDA to look up something. It took me 15 minutes to load the whole page from one link I clicked out of Tapatalk. Multitasking anything is F--KED! If you "home" out of Pandora and open browser, it crashes BOTH programs. I'm actually thinking of selling this turd and buying a Viewsonic gTablet. At least you can flash a decent firmware on it. I want to be patient, but this is soooo frustrating. My LG Optimus V has been rooted and ROM'ed for months. I even used a cooked Honeycomb on it for a week and it took every bit of punishment I could dish out. Running it overclocked and stable as a rock. I've even run it through punishing drills, just to see if it could keep up, and, flawless. If LG made an Android Tablet half as good as my little ol' OV I would sell just about anything to get it. Alright, enough ranting. Cfrockit, you are a king of kings, don't think this had anything to do with you sir. I'm only slightly pissed about this tablet. Wished we could get a recovery for this working.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I destroyed my recovery trying to port over clockwork recovery. My tablet had a recovery.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I destroyed my recovery trying to port over clockwork recovery. My tablet had a recovery.

Did you save the recovery first? Or, was that not possible.

Sent from a disparaged guy with a SuperPAD...another happy customer.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Did you save the recovery first? Or, was that not possible.

AH-HA!!! Therein lies the problem!
If the IUW program were as useful as it SHOULD BE...
It would be able to SAVE THE CONTENTS as well as writing them!

My (original) SAWEE pad DID have a recovery image but of course it was lost when the 'playing' started.
Dont mind that so much, but WOULD like to see a way to save the CURRENT IMAGE to 'recovery', or a 'real' recovery image.
(one that doesnt say that it is 'demaged' or whatever it said. :p )

:D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Rgocal,
I have the /system/ files that I ripped out of my pad. If you want to look them over I would be glad to email them to you. I can't see the harm in looking at a #3925 ROM that was factory installed. This ROM from my pad is NOT the one floating around on here. It came this way to me.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
At some point il need em. Heres what i figured out. Once upgrading to 32xx+ firmware, it blocks the user from writing or accessing the recovery in the tablet from the os so when i tried writing my fail of a port of the clockwork recovery, i destroyed my recovery partition now that i have no access to it to rewrite the stock recovery via terminal.
If anyone knows anyone who can create and port clockwork recoveries please contact me, i have the correct files for the clockwork i believe so we can get some killer firmware for this device made.

adestef

Oct 15, 2011
help
after an attempt to update the firmware I wanted to spend 2.1 to 2.2, reboot, myflytouch2 not turn on anymore, what can I do?

noelani77

Oct 22, 2011
If you have a sawee pad you can try the firmware I updated in a new thread or if yours is a Flytouch either revert by going in recovery or install on of the other Roms (1170, 1568,1623,3425, 3656)..

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Wowpad
Hold down Home and volume minus. Then hold down the power button. hold all three down until recovery screen is reached. I deleted cache and factory settings
And everything came good.
However if you rooted you've probably deleted the recovery program

shaunly

Feb 6, 2013
Hi,
[FONT=&amp]It iseasy to recoverandroid tablet when itcomes to the datas stored in the external memory. It is similar to the datastored in an external drives such as pen drive etc. There is a good tool to recover android which is perfect in this action and provides additionalfeatures too. If needed demo version canbe tried easily and securely. try it if satisfied with its outcome go for the full version of the software as i did...
[/FONT]