No Standy By.... Complete SHUT DOWN

kstoutdog

Aug 25, 2011
Whenever I tap the hardkey power button, the device will go into standby mode... then if I press it again the screen lights back up and I am at the lock screen... BUT if the screen is off for more than a minute or 2, the device shuts all the way down, and I have to long press the power key and wait for a boot...

This is very annoying... any suggestions...?

kstoutdog

Aug 25, 2011
just rooted the tab... installed custom rom...
Still having the same issue...

should I just attempt to return the device?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

Yeah, return it, or get an RMA. You've already gone way beyond what you should have have to
to to get this fixed. But you better back out that custom rom or they may deny your warranty.

kstoutdog

Aug 25, 2011
Acer has agreed to fix the unit.. but I have to ship it to them..
I will be without the tab for 10 days... :(
How do I unroot it and return everything to stock...??

Yeah, return it, or get an RMA. You've already gone way beyond what you should have have to
to to get this fixed. But you better back out that custom rom or they may deny your warranty.

kstoutdog

Aug 25, 2011
After much time with ACER tech support, they determined I have faulty hardware.... I attempted to return the device to staples and get a new one...that didn't work... I was forced to ship the tablet to ACER this morning... I will be without the device for up to 10 business days... I sure hope the issue is resolved when i get it back...

Signed,
Impatiently Waiting

nlingelbach

Aug 24, 2011
I had the same problem talked to tech support and they couldn't fix it luckily and advice to all out there buy electronics at Costco return policy is 100% just took it back bought new

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

HD87

May 14, 2011

Let us know if they do exchange it because rooting your tablet and installing a custom ROM voids the warranty..

kstoutdog

Aug 25, 2011
Let us know if they do exchange it because rooting your tablet and installing a custom ROM voids the warranty..

I unrooted, and flashed the stock rom before I returned it... I THINK I removed all traces of rooting & roms... we'll see

kstoutdog

Aug 25, 2011
Just got word from Acer.. they said I had a faulty power button... they're fixing it now... should have the device back shortly...