No such thing as FlyTouch3?

DroidMonkey

May 25, 2011
I was going to buy a FlyTouch3/SuperPad2 with 1ghz, 512ram, android2.2, 8000mah battery, and 8gb but was reading that this is a fake as this model does not exist! Is this correct? Is IBEX the official brand or is Gome? All these knock offs are making me rethink even bothering with any of this android stuff! I want the latest official release of this tablet not some crappy clone! PLEASE HELP!

Is this what I'm looking for?
http://www.**********/fly-touch-3-a...-hdmi-output-camera-512m-ddr2-ram_p47899.html

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Gome is the brand. Gome Flytouch II Variant 2 is the model name. Don't worry about getting ripped off if you use one of the supporting venders here on the site.

DroidMonkey

May 25, 2011
Gome is the brand. Gome Flytouch II Variant 2 is the model name. Don't worry about getting ripped off if you use one of the supporting venders here on the site.

If they are reputable stores then why does jtshoponline.com show their Superpad IIv2 as having non-disco firmware which from this sites info confirms it as a clone??

Flytouch 3/Superpad2/Haipad M1002 ,1080P ,Android 2.2 MID Tablet ,512MB Ram , camera, 4GB [Flytouch-3] - US$189.90 : JTSHOP Online

Flytouch3%20(5).jpg

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Its $150, thats why its being knocked off so often, its a big seller. The manufacturor/factory will make clones/variants for any company willing to pay them.
I have read that Gome placed an order with the manufacturer for the first 'official' FT1 & FT2's that were released, and then iBex (Some of the people involved in designing the original GOME model) had the same manufacturer then produce pads for them also. Having designed the original FT's, they thought it appropriate they also use the same Model Name FT. Its all very confusing for the consumer. But again, $150, you cannot beat the price.

On top of this, the people reselling the device also put their own mistakes and incorrect pictures on the websites, and dont actually know what they are selling..

I recommend if you are going to use a chinese website to purchase this that you use one like DHGate that holds your money until you verify the goods and then gives it to the seller. This is what I did.

Last edited: