No upgrade to 2.02 available

bjabituya

Mar 2, 2011
I think there is a problem with their server, mine keeps saying there is an update available.

Guys, if you rooted, I would advise to not update. I ran the update once, it didn't change kernel or firmware. I ran it again -- brick. It won't go past the Sylvania screen at boot and the recovery function is not working. I will be returning. Glad I saved my receipt and box.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Ok. I did the update. after D/l, load and reboot i checked the about device: nothing changed.
what is the name at the end of the kernel #?
If I havent rooted mine yet... think it's safe to try to update again?
Do I need to remove the SD card to update? Do I need to do a factory reset BEFORE D/l'n the update?
I SOOO don't want to brick this. I have 2. mine and one for my daughter. should I be testing this on hers? lol

cainm13

Mar 2, 2011
Ok. I did the update. after D/l, load and reboot i checked the about device: nothing changed.
what is the name at the end of the kernel #?
If I havent rooted mine yet... think it's safe to try to update again?
Do I need to remove the SD card to update? Do I need to do a factory reset BEFORE D/l'n the update?
I SOOO don't want to brick this. I have 2. mine and one for my daughter. should I be testing this on hers? lol

Doesn't Universal Androot have an option to "UNroot." Can't we possibly unroot before we update the device?

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I am still getting no change after update and still says there is update available. What kernel and firmware ver did you have before the update Giveen?

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
First, I don't have the Express model, I have the original. Its rooted but without the Android market hack.
I think my version of Kernel was 2.6.32 before, and v2.02