No Wifi Connection - No Technical Support

NoonieB

Dec 4, 2013
I purchased a Mach Speed Trio Stealth G2 - 10.1 - Android 4.1 during a black Friday event. However, I've had several issues and tried contacting customer/technical support at Trio but 1) the phone only rings...no answering service 2) no reply back from the email I sent

Basically, I can not connect to any WIFI away from my home. When I'm at work I like to get on Facebook during lunch but do not want to access the "secure" WIFI. My employer does not need to see me on FaceBook or browsing the web.

I've searched the Internet...Bing and Google my issues but I have not found a HELPFUL answer to either issue.

1) no WIFI connectivity away from home
2) how to get someone at TRIO customer/technical support to answer the phone and return emails.:mad:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When you go into settings - WiFi do you see the "open" connection? Have you tried any other public hotspots?

As far as your concerns re: the employer it might actually be easier for him to see what you are doing if you aren't on the secure connection.

NoonieB

Dec 4, 2013
:DThanks for responding Leeshor. Yes, I'm able to connect to other public hotpots.....5-10 miles away from my job. However, I did come across an article about "tethering". I had no idea my phone was a portable hotspot. Anyway, it's working for me now. Thanks again for responding.