No WiFii being found on Android G7 Series Cambridge Sciences tablet

AJ303

Jan 21, 2012
Hi,

I have a new No Android G7 Series 111 Cambridge Sciences tablet & I can't get it to find a WiFi connection. I would be so great full for any help!

If I click on WiFi & tick the turn on box (and the open network notification box) it ticks but nothing happens & no WiFi spots show up even I sit right by my router. Nothing happens if I scan either & It also un-ticks its self after less than a minute. I've tried to add my home WiFi network but when I type in the & click save, the menu just disappears & shows the WiFi setting screen again.

It gives me security options
Open (nothing happens)
WEP
WPA/WPA2 PSK
802.1x EAP (I don't understand the options it gives me with this one)

I'm used to using WPA2-Personal (with encryption AES & TKIP)

I don't know anything about VPN so I haven't tried that.

It does have 3G capabilities though I haven't attempted to use that & obviously it's the WiFi that's the most important.

AJ303

af2000

Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

I have a new No Android G7 Series 111 Cambridge Sciences tablet & I can't get it to find a WiFi connection. I would be so great full for any help!

If I click on WiFi & tick the turn on box (and the open network notification box) it ticks but nothing happens & no WiFi spots show up even I sit right by my router. Nothing happens if I scan either & It also un-ticks its self after less than a minute. I've tried to add my home WiFi network but when I type in the & click save, the menu just disappears & shows the WiFi setting screen again.

It gives me security options
Open (nothing happens)
WEP
WPA/WPA2 PSK
802.1x EAP (I don't understand the options it gives me with this one)

I'm used to using WPA2-Personal (with encryption AES & TKIP)

I don't know anything about VPN so I haven't tried that.

It does have 3G capabilities though I haven't attempted to use that & obviously it's the WiFi that's the most important.

AJ303
go and check your router first, see if wifi connections of your PC or other devices work normally. then, you may try to reset it to factory settings. weak wifi signal strength can be caused by physical damage of wifi module or system problem, if it's the bug of system, reset or flash the tab can solve the problem.

AJ303

Jan 21, 2012
Home Laptop seems to connect to the WiFi fine so does my flatmates iPad, We are with Virgin, I can try ringing them tomorrow to double check but I'm very sure they're fine. Not sure how to configure them again but did re start it at the wall

AJ303

Jan 21, 2012
Should I have Static IP ticked or not?

all though then Ethernet kicks in and wants IP address, Net mask, Gateway address & DNS address I tried using the PC codes for it but it wasn't satisfied by them.

I'm woried with the fact that it does untick the "WiFi" turn on box by it self very quickly.

(thankyou very much btw)

af2000

Dec 27, 2011
@AJ303, is your current OS Android 3.0 or the 2.3? i'm wondering if the problem has been existing out of box

AJ303

Jan 21, 2012
Also it calls itself "About phone" not about tablet which is odd

Anyone else have any ideas I still have no Internet!

AJ303

Jan 21, 2012
Model number: MID_Serials 259
Build Number: MID Serials 20111202.144539
Android Version: 3.0
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7

Rich1954

Apr 21, 2012
Hi AJ

I'm getting exactly the same symptoms, did you manage to resolve the problem? I would be grateful if you could let us know.

Regards

Rich