Noob Convert question/issue

d0lphin2

Jan 11, 2012
Hi- I ditched my HP touchpad and got an Acer A500. I have read there are some minor issues with the tablet that may be related to the honeycomb os. I am specically speaking of wifi dropping and apps crashing. I have very few apps on it now but I had to reenter the wifi code when it woke up once and 3 app crashes where it asks to send the error report. The programs 3rd party facebook, twitter and lookout. I did run lookout and there were no malware or conflicts It is a new operating system to me and I have read other similar reports with Acer A500. Is this something I need to be overly concerned about?

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
If you are not having any issues no. Like everything that is mass produced, you will have some duds but for the most part Acer are great.

Sent From Rob's DarkSided ATRIX.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Go into Settings, Network, and set WiFi Disconnect to Never.
Lots of apps work better that way.

You should never have to re-enter the WIFI code unless there is another router nearby with the same
name "Linksys" or something like that, and the tablet tries to connect to that on instead of yours
because your router does not have a unique name. (If so, fix that).

If your router is using anything other than WPA2 security, consider changing to WPA2. Its
way more secure, and the negotiations are all done in hardware.