Noob from NJ, USA

towers1209

Aug 24, 2011
Hi, All:

An avid ASUS fan here from Neptune, NJ (US of A).

I got mine on Monday, 2011-Aug-22. (I was supposed to get it on Fri, but I had my headphones on and did not hear the UPS guy ring the doorbell. Grrr.!!!)

Glad to know about this forum.

I am all bummed out about the Netflix issue. One moment the link is available and then, next thing you know, it is gone. (Asus' facebook page explained that "it was all a mistake." The apk was a development version; not a production version; and all links to it were removed.)

I am an android newbie and still figuring out how to take a look at its innards.

Looking for a site for taking an android tablet apart (i.e., figuratively speaking
biggrin.png
) and "taking a look inside" and be an "admin" user. Any recommendations?

(And BTW, how do you literally take the Transformer apart? I do not see any screws? Is it ever user serviceable?
confused.png
)

Thanks.

===================
NB 1:
Preparing for hurricane Irene. I live close to the central NJ beach; but north of the declared areas of evacuation by Gov Christie. It's relatively safer here at Neptune, NJ; but it helps to be prepared.

NB 2:
I've been using my Asus Transformer for a few days now and I am finding that any activities that include high interaction with the browser (such as posting this intro post) are painfully sluggish :(. So I am posting this using my Asus 1215N netbook.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi towers, welcome to the forum. I think you'll be able to find what you're looking for in the technical sections of the forum.

towers1209

Aug 24, 2011
Thanks.

android-dance.gif

Just an hour ago, I was able to find the latest Netflix build; and after updating my firmware, Netflix works! Woo-hoo!!!;)

Now, the next project is how to "look inside" the Asus Transformer without wrecking it... :rolleyes:

Last edited: