Noob Queies for Acer/Andriod Tabs

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
Hi

I recently bought my Father the Acer Iconia Tablet. I am pretty new to Andriod overall. I wanted some help in getting stuff setup for my dad -

1. I downloaded Yahoo Mail App - I dunno how to signout of that - The app just runs in the background. My dad wants to sign out of the app - This is same for Gmail app too - but I think its possble to sign out in that

2. Password lock for the login - Can we have a password at the login time. What about multiple accounts

3. Best Office App - Quck office or Documents to go?

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Anup

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Akvasu,

Not familiar with Yahoo mail but you should be able to stop it by going to settings -> Apps management and just stop the app. This is probably not the best advice but for now it is the only advice ;-)

Concerning the office package i prefer Documents to Go.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Password lock on login yes.
Settings / Location and Security.
Multiple User accounts no. (its a tablet, not meant for multi user).

Having a Password Lock on Login eliminates the need to shut down yahoo or gmail. The tablet is not really meant to operate in this way. Its meant to be an always on, one person device. Its not meant to serve as a desktop or even a laptop computer.

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
Hi

I agree - I know its a 1 person device :) But my dad wants to have this kind of a feature. I told him he can take it to his workplace so it will be good to have a lock. Multiple user accounts - i was just throwing it up in the air - then maybe both my parents can use it.

So password for login - is it a built in feature ? Or do we need to download an app ? It will be good enough - that way we don't need to worry about applications logging out and all.

Thanks
Anup

steviej893

Mar 5, 2012
1. With Yahoo Mail you should be able to sign out using the menu buttons at the bottom of the screen.
2. You can activate passwords thru the security menu, and,
3. Download Kingsoft Office from the Market. To me it's better than Google Docs because it has all of the features and functionality of Microsoft Word.