Noob queries on android

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
hi
need some info pls help.....
1. can we set fullscreen wallpapers from gallery images?
2. how to use the rear camera?
3. the sony store tried to sell me a usb cable though this looks like a standard micro usb port. what cables are u using
4. is swype available

can I get device administrator access

thanks
Anup

Tzarrr

Nov 22, 2011
hi
need some info pls help.....
1. can we set fullscreen wallpapers from gallery images?
2. how to use the rear camera?
3. the sony store tried to sell me a usb cable though this looks like a standard micro usb port. what cables are u using
4. is swype available

can I get device administrator access

thanks
Anup

1. Sure, hold your finger on the home screen, and you'll be given different choices, you select wallpapers and then select the gallery to choose your image.
2. Go into apps and use the camera app...
3. Yes, the left side port is indeed micro-USB.
4. No swype AFAIK (a tap on the power button wakes up the tablet), however you can put a passcode to lock the screen like on any Android smartphone

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
Hi

Thanks for the response...

No selecting an image from the gallery popped up some image crop window and I cant select the full image. just a "opened up cuboid" shape from it...

Please let me know?

Thanks
Anup

Tzarrr

Nov 22, 2011
Hi

Thanks for the response...

No selecting an image from the gallery popped up some image crop window and I cant select the full image. just a "opened up cuboid" shape from it...

Please let me know?

Thanks
Anup

What it does is cropping the picture to fit the size of the tablet screen. You can enlarge the box by dragging the outer edges of the box with your finger (when you put your finger on it small arrows will pop up on the lines, showing you where you can drag). In the center of the "cuboid" thing you see two boxes that show what the screen will look like in portrait as well as landscape mode, when you flip the tablet. As most pictures aren't the same size as the screen, cropping is inevitable.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum